S7 edge screen burn in

s7edgeBURN

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Hi everyone,

I bought my GS7e at launch in March, and have been happy with it since, however over the last few weeks I have noticed significant screen burn in on the top of the phone (the burn in was status bar). I returned it to my carrier (vodafone NZ) and they have taken it off me for a repair.
My question is if that if they open up my phone and replace the screen, will this affect the waterproof rating of the phone? Surely it would? This phone is hardly renown for its ease of repairing...

s7edgeBURN

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
It is covered under the standard warranty that comes with the phone, other than that I have no clue really. He just took the phone off me, gave me a temporary replacement phone and said my phone should be back in a week or so.

yogosans14

Jun 19, 2016
Visit site
Thats weird how you managed to get burn in. None of the phones with amoled i have owned ever got burn in and my S7 shows no signs of it. Must be defective.

s7edgeBURN

Aug 4, 2016
Visit site
Thats weird how you managed to get burn in. None of the phones with amoled i have owned ever got burn in and my S7 shows no signs of it. Must be defective.

My note 3 had very minor burn in, but that was over 2 and a half years of use, not 4 months.
I did notice when I took my phone to the store, and compared the screen with the S7s on display that my screen was overall dimmer, and had a considerable yellow tinge. So maybe it could have been a defective panel which is dissapointing

theoedgy1

Aug 5, 2016
Visit site
Snapchat-6520660115765836858.jpg

My S7edge went back for repair today. Three network Ireland. Screenburn is enormous on the phone and it was bought towards the end of MarchSnapchat-5347015771867211242.jpg

kevinx

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I too have screen burn in my 7edge. Slight discoloration, of a definitive shape, on the screen. Had the phone since launch.

nwhittaker87

Oct 13, 2016
Visit site
It is covered under the standard warranty that comes with the phone, other than that I have no clue really. He just took the phone off me, gave me a temporary replacement phone and said my phone should be back in a week or so.

I'm also having issues and bought mine back in March, I was told today by o2 they could charge me £280 for a screen repair which is ridiculous. Is screen repair covered under standard warranty?

jsk0703

Sep 17, 2016
Visit site
The demo at our AT&T store has significant burn in as well. Unfortunately these displays are susceptible. Static images and brightness all contribute to the issue. Varying content is one way to reduce the risk but the notification bar is a concern.

rnich120

Apr 21, 2012
Visit site
I have screen burn in on my SG7E. I use waze everyday for up to 8 hours a day and it has now burnt into the screen...a little annoying but i will deal with it.