HI,

Has anyone had an issue where the phone won't encrypt or decrypt a SD card? The popup notification said it was encypting upon startup yesterday evening and normally this would go in a few seconds which it didn't. I left it overnight and it's got nowhere.

I've then tried to decrypt it as I'm worried I'll lose the photos I have on there as I hadn't got around to making a backup of them and now it's stuck decrypting and has been for almost 2 hours now.

Just after knowing if there's a resolution to this or any way to get my stuff off the memory card? Or have I lost it forever?
    08-04-2016 02:08 AM
    Just looking through some unanswered threads and seen this one, did it ever complete the decryption? It is possible that the data became corrupted during an unexpected power down or something else unusual, but let's hope that isn't the case. Anyway, power up in the bootloader and try wiping the partitions. This shouldn't result in any data loss but a corrupt partition may be gumming things up. Another issue that I feel is a little less likely but could be hindering you is; low resources. You can try clearing some cache data, restarting the device, and if applicable restarting the device with Fastboot disabled. Restart the device with the SD removed, then once fully powered up and booted, power it down and restart with the SD installed. Don't change your password, pin, or pattern code without the SD installed. I'm not 100% that it would affect your encryption code but your device uses elements of those unlock codes to create your encryption. Anyway better safe than sorry.
    08-06-2016 10:22 AM
    Created an account here just because I am having the same problem and couldn't find anyone else having this issue. Did you find any fixes yet? I'm going to try the partition thing, but my phone claims my sd is not encrypted, but some of my music and pics are gone, and it won't show the sd when I plug the phone into the computer. Hoping to solve this issue soon, I have a note 7 and soon have to trade the phone in for one that hopefully will not start on fire.
    09-18-2016 01:51 AM