Trying to clear up more space internally, obviously, and tried moving some apps to my sd card. Storage settings show that I have used 29GB out of 59GB available (meaning, I should have 30GB left on card).

But every time I try to move an app, I get a 'not enough storage space' error.

Am using what I think is the correct method, going into Application Manager, selecting the app, under storage used clicking "Change" button, getting the Export screen, and clicking Move button.

I have 8GB free on internal storage as well, for what it's worth.

Any ideas what is wrong, or how to fix it? Also, two more questions - is there an easier way to have apps automatically download to SD card, and is there any way to do a batch move to SD card?

Thanks
    08-04-2016 07:44 AM
    Hi there!

Its quite possible that your SD card is bad....but try this first. Enter recovery on your device, and do a wipe of the cache partition. If this doesn't work, then I would suggest formatting your SD card, and try moving items again after format....BACK UP YOUR SD CARD FIRST.

I'm not sure about auto-move, or batching them to sd card.
    08-04-2016 08:05 AM
    Trying to clear up more space internally, obviously, and tried moving some apps to my sd card. Storage settings show that I have used 29GB out of 59GB available (meaning, I should have 30GB left on card).

But every time I try to move an app, I get a 'not enough storage space' error.

Am using what I think is the correct method, going into Application Manager, selecting the app, under storage used clicking "Change" button, getting the Export screen, and clicking Move button.

I have 8GB free on internal storage as well, for what it's worth.

Any ideas what is wrong, or how to fix it? Also, two more questions - is there an easier way to have apps automatically download to SD card, and is there any way to do a batch move to SD card?

Thanks
    Try this : Go to the my files app in the app drawer. Select "device storage". Press "more" upper right corner. Select edit. Scroll down and select data you want to move to the SD card. Press "more". Select move. Choose SD card.
    You may have to create a folder to move it to.
    This will not be a solution for moving applications, but can help free up space in device storage.
    For moving apps, I recommend an application Golfie turned me on to awhile ago. It's called AppMgr Pro III, and you can find it in the Playstore.

Yea! Heavy And A Bottle Of Bread
    08-04-2016 08:39 AM
    I'd also check the SD card. If it's new, it's possible you were sold a fake. Get SD Insight off the Play Store. Somebody may have sold you a 32GB card masquerading as a 64GB one.
    anon(632115) likes this.
    08-04-2016 09:31 AM
    I'd also check the SD card. If it's new, it's possible you were sold a fake. Get SD Insight off the Play Store. Somebody may have sold you a 32GB card masquerading as a 64GB one.
    This is my exact thought after reading OP's post.
    08-04-2016 12:42 PM
    Thanks for responses. Definitely looks like an SD card issue or failure. For instance, settings in Google Music on phone says "external storage removed".
    08-05-2016 10:00 AM
    Hey everyone! Loooonnnggg time reader, but first time poster here...

I too have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge on T-Mobile USA (SM-G935T). My OS is version 6.0.1. I used to be able to move some apps to my 64GB SD card (which came with the phone from Costco). I verified that the SD card is legitimate using the previously mentioned app SD Insight, and I never had issues in the past, but now anytime I try to move an app from Internal Storage to External Storage, I get an error at 10% that there is "Not Enough Memory." My SD card has > 60 GB free, and as I mentioned, I don't seem to be having an SD card failure. I even purchased and tried AppMgr Pro III, but that did not solve the issue.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? Could it be an OS bug introduced with 6.0.1?
    08-07-2016 12:30 PM