Had my S7 Edge since release, but only just started to take a look at the Themes. With stock launcher, is there a way of changing the icons on non-default apps (such as Gallery, Phone, Camera etc) such as Facebook, WhatsApp etc

It kinda spoils the display, having the standard apps with the theme icons, and the added apps without?

Changing Icons with Themes-screenshot_20160805-132331.jpg

Cheers
    Steve
    08-05-2016 07:28 AM
    I haven't seen a way to change the icons on the stock launcher which is one of the reasons I went to Nova Launcher.

If I change the theme on the phone, ALL icons need to be changed
    08-05-2016 08:11 AM
    Yeah, that is exactly my thought ... don't want some icons not changing

Maybe I will need to take a look at Nova Launcher. Is there any functions in stock launcher, that do not work in Nova Launcher?
    08-05-2016 08:14 AM
    I have seen a few apps in the Play Store that allow you to change icons - they basically add a 'Shortcut' to the home screen for the particular app. I used Awesome Icons. It worked for what I wanted it to do. I have recently started using ADW Launcher, so I don't have a need for it now.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...hortcuts&hl=en
    mvsmith likes this.
    08-05-2016 08:21 AM
    Yeah, that is exactly my thought ... don't want some icons not changing

Maybe I will need to take a look at Nova Launcher. Is there any functions in stock launcher, that do not work in Nova Launcher?
    None that I've noticed. Nova adds some features as well and if I'm being honest I only bought the paid version of Nova because it was on sale.....lol

What features do you use on the stock launcher?
    08-05-2016 08:27 AM
    No features, as such .. apart from the edge app (the slide out)
    08-05-2016 08:29 AM
    One thing I hate about the galaxy is that if I download and apply an icon pack through Nova for instance, it won't change the icons on the apps edge panel or on the split screen view selection screen. The only way you can change these icons is by applying one of the samsung themes through the settings. I guess if you don't use split screen or the apps edge panel, then its not a huge deal. But it's a huge pet peeve of mine.
    bprich05 likes this.
    08-05-2016 08:37 AM
    Pretty sure Awesome Icons works, but you have to change one icon at a time
    08-05-2016 08:50 AM
    Pretty sure Awesome Icons works, but you have to change one icon at a time
    Intalled awesome icons, and it does what I need ... apart from as you say, need to change each individual icon
    08-05-2016 08:52 AM
    Thank you so much. I was bummed when I found some cool themes on samsung themes and couldn't use them with google now. A little tedious but it really works and now I can make the icons I want to work with google launcher and google now.
    10-17-2016 11:59 PM
    I like the look of the standard icons and just have them against a moving wallpaper. What I'd like to know is if there is a way of changing the standard white text colour of the home page text - I have clock and weather widget without changing g the whole theme and losing the default icons. I tried a custom theme with a wallpaper earluer and it changes all the icons and colours elsewhere. I'm just trying to make the screens of two phones the same, but slightly diiferent to tell them apart and changing the widget text colour would do it. Does anyone know please?
    10-18-2016 05:18 PM
    I tried using the app but it doesnt create the shortcut icon. Also Iv learned the icons do show correctly if I install the app AFTER I've installed the theme. But that doesnt help for apps like my camera , since im unable to uninstall it. Has anyone found a fix?
    12-28-2016 02:41 PM
    Ok this is an old thread but it might help someone. I like a large phone icon so it stands out from the others. I use Desktop Visualizer on the Play store. It is actually a widget that you assign an icon or graphic to, then assign the app or other function it will launch when pressed. Have used it for over 3 years. Very handy app.
    06-18-2018 11:05 PM