Enter key unresponsive

gooner21

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys, New to Android and gotta say Im LOVING it so far but starting to hit a annoying problem the last week or so
In multiple apps (Whatsapp/Facebook/Messenger etc) Im running into a problem where after a while the Enter key wont work after I type text, Basically I need to back out and go back into the post or message so the keyboard is not up on screen and only the Arrow key is showing before it will accept the enter and post the text.

I was using Samsung Keyboard and read up about trying to clear cache/data and that seems to work for a little while but I also sometimes need to do a soft reset (Power/Down volume button) and kill it before it becomes responsive to accept the enter key again.

I also tried downloading SwiftKey and that worked for a while but now its also doing tsame thing so that rules out a Keyboard application and points more to the OS/Bug

I got a Samsung update about 3-4 weeks ago but this has only just started in the last week or so, There has been no apps ive downloaded in the last week either that could be causing it

any suggestions ideas what may be causing it or how I can fix so i dont have to do a reset once or twice a day so I can use the thing !?!?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're not alone. I've seen this same issue mentioned a number of times already (although I can't seem to find those threads yet). There's a suspicion this might be related to the Screen Overlay issue that others are experiencing, as discussed in this thread: http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...often-some-apps-what-how-properly-select.html. But I haven't encountered a definitive answer for this problem yet.:-\

gooner21

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Cheers for the reply Diddy, Yeah after posting this, I noticed 2 others posted on the Samasung Australia FB page stating they also have this issue so it sounds like its definatley a wider issue

gooner21

May 12, 2016
Visit site
Nope....no good, problem still there....Tried Samsung chat service......absolutley useless..... all they can say is do a Factory Reset and if that doesnt work take it to a service centre.... I said this is a SOFTWARE BUG but they wouldnt even entertain the idea let alone check if its already been reported...... Pretty annoyed but gonna try the factory reset anyway just to shut them up when the issue returns

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rockpaperreality36