Hi, Question for folks who purchased unlocked (US) version of S7 edge. Do you guys see security updates pushed to your devices before carrier variants?. Is there an advantage buying unlocked version?.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-06-2016 01:28 AM
    Here in Australia, I am around three updates ahead of the network locked devices. Plus, if I go abroad, I just get a local pre-paid sim and use the phone. If I want to change carriers, I just pop the new sim and bob's your uncle!
    08-06-2016 07:49 AM
    Here in Australia, I am around three updates ahead of the network locked devices. Plus, if I go abroad, I just get a local pre-paid sim and use the phone. If I want to change carriers, I just pop the new sim and bob's your uncle!
    Hi Tim. Do you mind telling me where you bought your phone from? I'm in Sydney but don't know where to get an unlocked S7 Edge from. I've been looking at JBHIFI and Harvey Norman but wasn't sure.

08-06-2016 10:39 AM
    Hi, Question for folks who purchased unlocked (US) version of S7 edge. Do you guys see security updates pushed to your devices before carrier variants?. Is there an advantage buying unlocked version?.

At the moment, the 935u model offers no advantage when it comes to security updates. It's behind and still stuck in the May update.
    08-06-2016 05:29 PM
    Quite the opposite actually. I have the US Unlocked version and have yet to receive a security update. Still on May and all the carrier's are on July or August
    08-06-2016 05:49 PM
    Quite the opposite actually. I have the US Unlocked version and have yet to receive a security update. Still on May and all the carrier's are on July or August
    Was thinking of buying unlocked. This is discouraging.

08-07-2016 12:21 PM
    And I dont believe you get wifi-calling either with unlocked models.

08-07-2016 12:28 PM
    I had the US unlocked version and returned it because I couldn't get VoLTE to work nor could I get any updates. Stay away from them for now
    08-07-2016 02:45 PM
    I returned my US Unlocked for an At&t version. The at&t apps, even when disabled, cause minor issues that require workarounds. However, now I have wifi calling and I actually *get* updates. Samsung appears to have already abandoned the US Unlocked.
    08-07-2016 03:57 PM