I've had my GS7 edge for about three months. I couldn't be happier. the best phone I've ever had. I like everything about it, and it is a great device to get production out of, especially when syncing apps and programs with other devices.

I am a grown, professional, highly-educated guy who does a lot of texting, and every once in a while likes to use emojis. I come from WP, where the text emojis were varied, very nicely done, and super well organized. The emojis on the Android device are - except for a very few ... mainly the round yellow faces - generally useless, ugly, unexplicable, and so unorganized. IMHO. You really can't go by the crown, dog, house, snowflake on the bottom. This applies whether you go for the stock, app, ios version.

Is there any way to change these or get others? Maybe even the ones I had on my WP Lumia 830.

Just hoping. Thanks.
    kojak likes this.
    08-07-2016 06:23 PM
    They don't follow Unicode properly. Half of them don't make sense in relation to what either party attempts to communicate. However, they are not changeable without root.

I do use Textra and can change the emojis *within the app* but not system-wide.
    Pastorhss likes this.
    08-08-2016 12:31 AM
    I also use Textra... Mainly because it offers an add-on - Textra Emojis: iOS Style - which allows me to communicate with my family and close friends with the same emojis. (many of them are on iPhones)
    Pastorhss likes this.
    08-08-2016 06:02 AM
    I use Textra, but was wondering if there is a way jest to eliminate the current emojis for better and more organized ones. I guess not.

Thanks for your help guys.
    08-08-2016 10:08 AM