Battery Drain....help me :)

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Over the years I have switched back and forth between the iPhone and various different Android phones (Note's and other Samsungs).

I currently have the S7E. I got it about a month ago. One of the main things I don't like is the battery drain. In the reviews I saw a lot about how it has this great battery etc. Well for example, this morning I unplugged it from the charging cord (at 100%) and within 15 minutes max it was already down to 93%. Since I've had it....definitely the battery drains faster.

Is there something I should know? Seems with this bigger battery, it should not drain so fast.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
Over the years I have switched back and forth between the iPhone and various different Android phones (Note's and other Samsungs).

I currently have the S7E. I got it about a month ago. One of the main things I don't like is the battery drain. In the reviews I saw a lot about how it has this great battery etc. Well for example, this morning I unplugged it from the charging cord (at 100%) and within 15 minutes max it was already down to 93%. Since I've had it....definitely the battery drains faster.

Is there something I should know? Seems with this bigger battery, it should not drain so fast.

What were you doing in those 15 minutes? If you're taxing your screen/processor/speakers/wifi/data, 7% might not be too crazy.

Check for updates. It could be that you're running an old firmware, too.

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
What were you doing in those 15 minutes? If you're taxing your screen/processor/speakers/wifi/data, 7% might not be too crazy.

Check for updates. It could be that you're running an old firmware, too.

Just wake up...check my email, surf Facebook etc. Literally I am not even sure 15 min had passed and it had already drained down to 93%. Within another 10 min it was down to 91% with intermittent use.

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
I checked for updates and I see nothing?! My husbands phone (same as mine) literally went down 4% in our 30 min drive to town and it literally just sat. No use...

Mine has gone down 3% just in 5 min that I've been on this app typing and reading threads.

mstrblueskys

Q&A Team
Dec 21, 2011
Visit site
I checked for updates and I see nothing?! My husbands phone (same as mine) literally went down 4% in our 30 min drive to town and it literally just sat. No use...

Mine has gone down 3% just in 5 min that I've been on this app typing and reading threads.

It'd be a big todo if you recently updated - so that's probably not it.

Can you go into settings>battery and see if you can find apps that are using the battery under "usage"?

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
It'd be a big todo if you recently updated - so that's probably not it.

Can you go into settings>battery and see if you can find apps that are using the battery under "usage"?
1470782027435.jpg
So I'm down to 34% with only 6 hours of use. On and off use, not constant. Just general surfing FB and the occasional app.

paridge

May 20, 2012
Visit site
Location, news apps, and some of the Google apps, e.g., Play Newsstand, can cause battery drain. Check the settings. Some of these apps, even if you've never used them, keep updating in the background.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
I'll blame it on your poor signal, NFC on, and Bluetooth on.

The poor signal is the biggest culprit I think. In a poor signal area like that, with 4G on, I'd expect AT LEAST 3-4% standby drain. And that's when not using the phone.

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Here's my concern...

I am obviously using my S7E in my same house and with the same usage as I was my iPhone 6s Plus. My battery drain was nowhere near this bad. I agree now that many of the things that are on like bluetooth, location, WiFi (and even apparently my weak signal) have an effect on my battery.

What I don't like is how I'd have to shut things things off when not in use, etc. What a pain!!! No its not the end of the world but having to change my settings all the time is annoying. With my iPhone all those things just remained on at all times.

Is this my future?? Just going to have to deal with horrible battery drain or get used to always having to remember to turn that stuff off and on?

jelliebean82

Feb 23, 2014
Visit site
Side note: I've been on my phone for about 15 min now. Everything is turned off except bluetooth and wifi...and my battery has drained 5%. Was at 100% before....

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
It may be a rouge app. I hated my S7Edge so much at the time because of battery drain that I bought a iphone 6s plus. I recently wiped my edge and installed apps one by one and ran a few tests and found it out it was GasBuddy that was draining my battery to no end. Get Gsam and monitor your battery and see how long your phone is awake. Alternatively, go to settings, applications, click on apps, at the very bottom of app use you can see if the app has been using your battery and memory and for how long. Hope this makes sense.

Who884l5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Dont know if anyone else has this problem. But for me atleast, google hangouts was constantly updating in the background and absolutely demolishing my battery life. After disabling it has drastically improved.