[Help] No sound on video recordings

Rokit5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
So a friend of mine recorded a couple videos during a concert. Problem is, there is no sound. Other videos recorded before and after that have sound.

We think it could be some kind of noise suppression...

Is there any way to turn it off? Any suggestion?

Thanks.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Was it the kind of selfie stick that plugs into the headphone jack, or did it connect via Bluetooth? If it plugged in physically, then maybe something about the plug interfered with the mic contact in the jack?

Rokit5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Was it the kind of selfie stick that plugs into the headphone jack, or did it connect via Bluetooth? If it plugged in physically, then maybe something about the plug interfered with the mic contact in the jack?
Into the headphone jack.

I guess so but it's weird...it worked before and after the concert. The only videos with no sound are the ones with loud music...

Thanks for helping

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
Have you confirmed audio input via the headphone jack with other video's from that selfie stick?

I ask because a similar issue was discussed on another thread...guy was unsuccessfully trying to transfer songs from one device to another via the headphone jacks. I also noticed the earbuds that came with my phone lack a mic as well....the group more or less decided there was no audio input via the headphone jack.

Rokit5

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
Have you confirmed audio input via the headphone jack with other video's from that selfie stick?

I ask because a similar issue was discussed on another thread...guy was unsuccessfully trying to transfer songs from one device to another via the headphone jacks. I also noticed the earbuds that came with my phone lack a mic as well....the group more or less decided there was no audio input via the headphone jack.
Yes. Other videos were recorded with that selfie stick and there is sound.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You may want to look for a selfie stick that connects via Bluetooth instead of the headphone jack.