What the heck? I leave my phone off the charger one night and it loses battery like crazy! It was on 71% when I went to bed at 1030. Get up at 645 this morning and battery is down to 34%? I attached a screenshot. This stinks!

Posted via the Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails My battery life has become quite suckish lately!-screenshot_20160811-080841.jpg  
    08-11-2016 07:11 AM
    its usual with android but your problem is really aww
    1.improve your charging habits
    like never charge for 100% totally charge like for 20 mins and use again20mins after uses
    2.try apps like greenify and doze
    3.if problems really get worser then time for consulting to your provider or change battery with new if possible.
    08-11-2016 07:56 AM
    What the heck? I leave my phone off the charger one night and it loses battery like crazy! It was on 71% when I went to bed at 1030. Get up at 645 this morning and battery is down to 34%? I attached a screenshot. This stinks!

Go to settings-storage and clear your Apps Cached Data, then turn off your phone and Enter to recovery Mode by pressing, Home-VolumeUp-Power button until you see some texts on screen or the Android Robot, once in Recovery Mode do a Wipe Cache Partition, just browse using the volume buttons and press power for enter.

Most of the times this fixes unknown OS issues that causes all kind of problems on the phone, including battery issues.
    08-11-2016 08:26 AM

And it looks like you have 4 weather apps polling for weather updates and location. Any way to condense your weather apps to maybe 1?
    08-11-2016 08:45 AM
    Mine has been pretty bad too. The main culprit for me is the Android System. Used to get 4.5 hours SOT consistently now down to 2 at most. Not sure why.

08-11-2016 10:07 AM

Cell standby looks awful. Are you in a bad reception area? That'll kill your battery.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    08-11-2016 02:04 PM
    Cell standby looks awful. Are you in a bad reception area? That'll kill your battery.

Posted via the Android Central App via a kicking Gold Galaxy S7 Edge.
    I was on WiFi, but have plenty of signal. I have cleared the cache and partition and restarted the phone. Next step will be a reset. Last resort? Back to my iPhone that has a killer battery.

08-11-2016 02:39 PM
    like never charge for 100% totally charge like for 20 mins and use again20mins after uses
    3.if problems really get worser then time for consulting to your provider or change battery with new if possible.
    Lol! Yeah, I'll give you the link to Doze on Google Play and a link to buy a spare battery for your S7 edge! As to point #1, whaaaa?

Posted via the Android Central App from my S7 edge
    08-11-2016 03:10 PM
    Why do you have four weather apps? That's a good idea to kill battery.
    08-11-2016 04:51 PM
    No its not usual with Android. I lose less than 5% overnight.
    08-11-2016 04:52 PM
    Something very odd there. I get battery life like this. Exynos processor:

Here are some things I did.

Cleared system and app cache which you already did.

Turn off always on display

Turned off Google location history.

Doing that got me from 7 to 8.5 sot.
    08-11-2016 05:39 PM
    Got mine back to where I want it after wiping cache and app cache. Hope to be back to 5 hours SOT tomorrow.

08-11-2016 07:58 PM
    yeah cell standby is way to high.
    Ive found that my device has better battery life with WiFi OFF.
    Why i have no clue..
    08-12-2016 10:28 AM
    My phone developed a similar issue. CellStandby suddenly topped the battery usage list and the phone would average 25% battery usage while I slept.

I don't accept that a weak signal is to blame because I still have my Nexus 4,, it's nearly 4 years old, it's on the same deal with the same carrier and it doesn't suffer from this alleged 'weak signal'. I had to charge the S7 Edge three times in the time the Nexus went from 100% to 1%. The Nexus 4 battery has never been changed, it's a near 4 year old battery. It has 2100 mAh battery up against the S7 Edge with 3600 mAh.

I was advised by Samsung support to clear the cache as described above but that made no difference then they advised running the phone for 24 hours in safe mode but that made no difference too.

The phone is a much newer model than the Nexus 4 and you'd expect better performance across the board. Anyway, it's been sent in for an engineer to have a look.
    08-12-2016 10:53 AM
    My phone developed a similar issue. CellStandby suddenly topped the battery usage list and the phone would average 25% battery usage while I slept.

I don't accept that a weak signal is to blame because I still have my Nexus 4,, it's nearly 4 years old, it's on the same deal with the same carrier and it doesn't suffer from this alleged 'weak signal'. I had to charge the S7 Edge three times in the time the Nexus went from 100% to 1%. The Nexus 4 battery has never been changed, it's a near 4 year old battery. It has 2100 mAh battery up against the S7 Edge with 3600 mAh.

I was advised by Samsung support to clear the cache as described above but that made no difference then they advised running the phone for 24 hours in safe mode but that made no difference too.

The phone is a much newer model than the Nexus 4 and you'd expect better performance across the board. Anyway, it's been sent in for an engineer to have a look.
    LOL you may not accept that its a signal issues but comparing your Nexus 4 to the S7 edge signal is a really bad comparison. I dont recall you mentioning what carrier your on BUT TMO for example you dont have the same bands in both phones. So your S7 Edge might be on Band 12 which may be giving you problems and your trusty nexus 4 is staying on band 4 or 2 or which ever it did have. Now if you have 2 of the same phones and one is not giving you the issues and both are on the same carrier then you can not accept it. Till then you must accept it. lol Not only that but your screen capture does indicate that after 12+ hours your cell stand by time was huge.
    On second thought, i dont accept your picture of cell stand by being so high. It must be doctored.
    tn_friend likes this.
    08-12-2016 02:46 PM
    Same! I pull my phone off the charger around 6-7am and by 12pm I'm at 30% it's terrible. Not sure what could be causing the drain.
    08-16-2016 08:46 PM

I'm also going to guess that you don't have nearly as many apps running in the background on your 4 year old phone.
    08-17-2016 09:27 AM
    LOL you may not accept that its a signal issues but comparing your Nexus 4 to the S7 edge signal is a really bad comparison. I dont recall you mentioning what carrier your on BUT TMO for example you dont have the same bands in both phones. So your S7 Edge might be on Band 12 which may be giving you problems and your trusty nexus 4 is staying on band 4 or 2 or which ever it did have. Now if you have 2 of the same phones and one is not giving you the issues and both are on the same carrier then you can not accept it. Till then you must accept it. lol Not only that but your screen capture does indicate that after 12+ hours your cell stand by time was huge.
    On second thought, i dont accept your picture of cell stand by being so high. It must be doctored.
    I haven't doctored anything about that screen capture and we've seen what Samsung's quality control is like recently that even after a recall and some major adjustments, one of their phones is so bad they're having to cancel it altogether and issue refunds, so your can keep your snide remarks to yourself.
    10-11-2016 06:12 AM
    I'm also going to guess that you don't have nearly as many apps running in the background on your 4 year old phone.
    But in the list the top user of the battery was cell standby and no apps were using significant battery. Therefore your guess isn't really a meaningful one.
    10-11-2016 06:13 AM
    But in the list the top user of the battery was cell standby and no apps were using significant battery. Therefore your guess isn't really a meaningful one.
    LOL...so you think that doesn't mean you had apps running in the background? Think again. So I'm not sure what you're talking about.

But even more so, it sounds like a signal/WiFi issue.
    10-11-2016 06:57 AM
    I haven't doctored anything about that screen capture and we've seen what Samsung's quality control is like recently that even after a recall and some major adjustments, one of their phones is so bad they're having to cancel it altogether and issue refunds, so your can keep your snide remarks to yourself.
    Your doing it again. Your bringing in a comparison of the quality issues of the Note 7 which has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
    Just as i said your comparing a Nexus 4 to a Samsung S7 edge signal was not a real comparison. I seriously doubt Samsungs Note 7 issues are quality control related. This is looking more like a design issue or manufacturing flaw. What ever makes you happy.
    Clearly you have not doctored any image because you did NOT post any image.
    The image i was referencing was from the original poster not you. But i did make it sound like you posted it at the time, 2 months ago. So keep your snide remarks to your self. ha ha ha.. see what i did there.. Its called humor. As referenced by my LOL in the original comment. Which i think you missed yet other people got.
    Anyway, it would have been better to simply say, oh it was not me who posted the images.

So back to being on topic. Weak signal will result in higher battery drain. Fact. As the signal drops the device will use higher power to try to keep an established connection.
    Another fact is on CDMA devices your weak signal causes the device to look for neighboring towers more often to try to get a stronger more stable signal. All of this does increase battery usage.
    Since your S7 edge has poor quality control from Samsung, as you stated, you should go back to that trusty Nexus 4 and never look back.
    The Pixel also looks nice.
    10-11-2016 07:48 AM
    It's your cell standby usage. I just recently had this problem on my S7E, too. (My cell standby battery usage was around 50%.) Following a post on AC about similar problems with the S6, I went into settings and changed the location services to "GPS only" and now my cell standby is down to about 13% and the battery life is back to where it was when I bought the phone. In particular, it's much better when I'm not using it. Location still works well enough for my purposes (using nav while driving), though I have heard that this might adversely affect Google's ability to magically know every place that you've been and serve up relevant suggestions. (I find this feature vaguely creepy and won't miss it.) FYI, my house and my office both have good wifi but so-so cell reception.

Hope this helps!
    IAmSixNine, Doc Marten and Law2138 like this.
    10-11-2016 10:29 AM
    Your doing it again. Your bringing in a comparison of the quality issues of the Note 7 which has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation.
    Just as i said your comparing a Nexus 4 to a Samsung S7 edge signal was not a real comparison. I seriously doubt Samsungs Note 7 issues are quality control related. This is looking more like a design issue or manufacturing flaw. What ever makes you happy.
    Clearly you have not doctored any image because you did NOT post any image.
    The image i was referencing was from the original poster not you. But i did make it sound like you posted it at the time, 2 months ago. So keep your snide remarks to your self. ha ha ha.. see what i did there.. Its called humor. As referenced by my LOL in the original comment. Which i think you missed yet other people got.
    Anyway, it would have been better to simply say, oh it was not me who posted the images.

So back to being on topic. Weak signal will result in higher battery drain. Fact. As the signal drops the device will use higher power to try to keep an established connection.
    Another fact is on CDMA devices your weak signal causes the device to look for neighboring towers more often to try to get a stronger more stable signal. All of this does increase battery usage.
    Since your S7 edge has poor quality control from Samsung, as you stated, you should go back to that trusty Nexus 4 and never look back.
    The Pixel also looks nice.
    lol. Well it's not a very smart phone that hammers the battery looking for a signal during the hours while I'm asleep. lol

Samsung S7 Edge
    RSRP -111dB
    RSRQ -9dB

Nexus 4
    RSSI -110dB
    10-18-2016 06:17 AM
    All phones look for signal when it is in low network coverage, however CDMA handles it differently and is worse on battery.
    10-18-2016 08:36 AM
    Hopefully Samsung will migrate over the power saving features from the Note 7 (mid power saving mode, and maximum power saving mode) to the S7 and S7 edge models. That would all give us much better control over battery life.

It's your cell standby usage. I just recently had this problem on my S7E, too. (My cell standby battery usage was around 50%.) Following a post on AC about similar problems with the S6, I went into settings and changed the location services to "GPS only" and now my cell standby is down to about 13% and the battery life is back to where it was when I bought the phone. In particular, it's much better when I'm not using it. Location still works well enough for my purposes (using nav while driving), though I have heard that this might adversely affect Google's ability to magically know every place that you've been and serve up relevant suggestions. (I find this feature vaguely creepy and won't miss it.) FYI, my house and my office both have good wifi but so-so cell reception.

Hope this helps!
    That's weird, and interesting. Under Android location is settings "Battery saving" (use wi-fi, bluetooth, and mobile networks to determine location) is supposed to be the most battery efficient setting. If GPS (which I prefer anyway) is actually more battery efficient then that is very interesting.
    10-18-2016 10:54 AM