Galaxy S7 Edge not registering SD card

John Morales

Aug 11, 2016
Visit site
Wondering if anyone can help me out. My phone keeps losing the SD card installed. I've gone through 3 SD cards and one phone replacement and still have the same issue.
If I download a movie or save a pic from a text message, then 7 out of 10 times I will be prompted to insert an SD card even though there is one in the phone! Every time this happens I need to pull out the SD card a couple of times before the phone registers that there is one, or put the SD card in my computer and click on 'repair errors' (sometimes this message won't pop up). Then I need to re-insert the card into the phone and re-create all my music playlists.
Right now, my pics and music are showing up on the phone but when I go to a movie on my amazon movies app I get a message to insert an SD card to proceed.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Wondering if anyone can help me out. My phone keeps losing the SD card installed. I've gone through 3 SD cards and one phone replacement and still have the same issue.
If I download a movie or save a pic from a text message, then 7 out of 10 times I will be prompted to insert an SD card even though there is one in the phone! Every time this happens I need to pull out the SD card a couple of times before the phone registers that there is one, or put the SD card in my computer and click on 'repair errors' (sometimes this message won't pop up). Then I need to re-insert the card into the phone and re-create all my music playlists.
Right now, my pics and music are showing up on the phone but when I go to a movie on my amazon movies app I get a message to insert an SD card to proceed.

Maybe try putting the SD card into the phone and format it to see if that helps?
If that doesn't work, check this thread out and see if the items they talk about work. http://forums.androidcentral.com/samsung-galaxy-s7-edge/656267-galaxy-s7-edge-sd-card-issues.html

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon