Went golfing yesterday, used my S7 Edge with golf shot plus app and GPS/location for the round. Granted, it was very hot and humid, but the phone began to be unresponsive to input, overheat like crazy. I restarted several times on course but still continued to cause issues.

Anyone experience this before? It was a bit scary, seems like the phone is ok today but it's not like I'm in Florida or Arizona, I'm in Illinois ffs.

After the round was over, after running some cold water on it and restarting several times with GPS off and closing golf app, it acted weird for a while.

In any case, I'll keep my fingers crossed it was a combo of physical heat and this particular app.
    08-12-2016 06:21 AM
    The app was probably causing it to get hot since it requires to use GPS and overusing the app could have caused it to overheat. My phone runs hot when I use certain apps, especially when using GPS for a long period of time.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-12-2016 07:32 AM
    Went golfing yesterday, used my S7 Edge with golf shot plus app and GPS/location for the round. Granted, it was very hot and humid, but the phone began to be unresponsive to input, overheat like crazy. I restarted several times on course but still continued to cause issues.

Anyone experience this before? It was a bit scary, seems like the phone is ok today but it's not like I'm in Florida or Arizona, I'm in Illinois ffs.

After the round was over, after running some cold water on it and restarting several times with GPS off and closing golf app, it acted weird for a while.

In any case, I'll keep my fingers crossed it was a combo of physical heat and this particular app.
    Yes it's the app that made it go mad..
    U have snapdragon or exynos one ?

posted from Limited red and gold Lumia 950, Beautiful S7 Edge gold or Surface pro 4
    08-12-2016 08:08 AM
    I'm in the states, so I assume snapdragon.
    08-12-2016 08:12 AM
    If you were outside and the ambient temp is say 95 degrees then its safe to assume that after a short time the phone will start out at 95 degrees. Add usage of an app that may be processor intensive and sunlight and you get a malfunctioning phone.
    at least thats my guess.
    08-12-2016 10:25 AM