So I've had my S7 Edge for less than a month and have had no problems. Yesterday I accidently jumped into the pool with the phone in my pocket. I thought this was no problem since they say it is water resistant and I was not in deep water, plus I fished it out immediately and left it to dry. The phone worked just fine for hours after but later that night the screen would not turn on. All internal phone functions work because I could tell if I was receiving a text or phone call just the screen would be black. I tried using the volume down and power button trick but to no avail, the screen is still black. Does anyone know what I can do to fix this or do I have to just replace the LCD full stop? Thank you for your help
    08-15-2016 10:14 AM
    If you turn the phone off and then on, does anything show up on the screen? It's really hard to diagnose something like the screen not coming on as it might be just a bad circuit/connection or, truly, the panel has gone bad. If you do need to replace the AMOLED (no LCD on your phone ) panel, I reaaaaaally recommend you let an expert do it unless you know what you're doing; sometimes replacing on your own can cause more harm and the S7 line is one of the hardest to repair.
    08-15-2016 10:54 AM
    I have nothing on the screen, it is just completely black. I was definitely going to have an expert work on it but I was really hoping that I would be able to take it in and have it replaced on warranty. It looks like that will not be the case though
    08-15-2016 11:09 AM
    You can take it to warranty replacement, but I can't guarantee that it won't show water damage. But if you're going to go that way then don't attempt to open the phone unless it's a Samsung-authorized repair center.
    08-15-2016 11:11 AM
    The rating of the S7 does not count possible pressure ingress from JUMPING into the water. It can be taken into water sure, but increased water pressure from jumping in may have allowed water to seep in and damage the screen.
    08-15-2016 11:13 AM
    Yeah it seems there is some condensation on the front camera which would most definitely screw me when it comes to warranty. Looks like I'll have to have someone fix the AMOLED for me then
    08-15-2016 11:18 AM
    Take it to them for evaluation first. Who knows, maybe you will get it by warranty if the seal was faulty.
    08-15-2016 11:21 AM
    Try drying your phone with a hair dryer and then try warranty

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 07:12 PM