So in the Spotify app is an option under Settings - Other for Storage (Choose where to store your music data). If you click on it you can choose your SD card. I've chosen my SD card and right under it it shows it's using 1.5GB of storage on the SD card (this is for downloaded offline playlists and albums).

Now back in regular Android Settings under Storage, and then going to individual apps, it shows that Spotify is using 1.8GB of storage internally. Now it's possible that's just talking about 0.3 for the app internal and 1.5 on the SD card... But if that's the case, and that's how it does things, how do I know what's taking up all my internal storage space? Because right now I'm down to 500mb of internal storage space and I really need to figure out what's actually taking up all that space... and it's all in the apps category. But if like the above example, if it's going to be listing off things that are REALLY just in my SD card... That's not going to be very helpful...

Thanks for the advice
    08-15-2016 10:50 AM
    Go back into Spotify and set your storage back to internal. See if that changes what the phone shows.
    08-15-2016 11:50 AM
    I could try that but I'm scared to because I have less than 1.5gb free internal.
    08-15-2016 06:59 PM
    Clear your phone cache that will free lot of space

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-15-2016 07:07 PM
    Yea cached was 830mb. I mean it's a nice chunk but not that much, probably be cause I clear it on a regular basis.

Currently my Apps are taking up 19.72 gb though. That's what I need to clean up haha, and if there's other things like Spotify that are lying to me and counting SD storage in what's taking up Internal Storage... That's kind of a problem.

Sorted in order, my 5 biggest are:

Howl (podcast app) - 1.82GB
    Spotify - 1.82GB
    Amazon 1.60GB
    Dragon Quest 8 - 1.49GB
    Dropbox - 1.01GB

I think I could easily delete a bunch of the downloaded stuff from Dropbox I guess (i'm kind of surprised it gets lumped in there instead of put in my regular downloads folder). DQ8 I'm still playing. Howl is a bunch of unlistened to Podcasts, but I do listen to them every day and I'll burn through those eventually. I have no idea why Amazon is taking up so much room. I gotta look into that. And then Spotify is the one that shouldn't be taking up anything, because technically that should all be on the SD card... So confusing.
    08-15-2016 08:53 PM
    Wow... I think the 1.60GB used by Amazon... Is actually the 1.49GB of Dragon Quest 8, plus whatever the actual Amazon app takes up. How stupid is that??
    08-15-2016 08:55 PM
    Just installed CCleaner and it found 2GB of APK files to erase. That was nice :-) I have 1GB of Downloads to go through too and see what I can remove.

Still annoyed by the Spotify thing though.
    08-15-2016 09:02 PM