09-05-2016 10:49 AM
70 123
tools
    Yea I've been teeter tottering if I should just pull the trigger but I've decided not to in the end. Just not worth it for me.
    08-18-2016 02:47 PM
    Me. Just got it today. Probably won't open it until Saturday when I'm not so dang busy.

Posted from the S7E Chrome™ on Big Red
    08-18-2016 08:07 PM
    So happy with my decision to keep my S7 Edge. lol

I've got my phone set up just the way I want it, and this thing runs like a dream. Same camera, larger battery. Life is good.
    08-18-2016 08:21 PM
    Almost caved in, and might someday, but not now.
    It's not worth it at all in my opinion, as i have the S7E, i can't find a single major reason to "upgrade" to the note.

If they come with better speakers, better DAC(more for SD version, Exynos has good one) some new camera features, larger battery and larger screen, then we might talk... Zenfone 3 looks good tbh.
    08-19-2016 06:43 AM
    I currently don't have either device but trying to decide on one over the other and the Note would end up being ~$120 more than S7E in my case, is it worth it for S-pen/iris scanner/extra 32Gb base mem/"newer" device that won't be refreshed for a year vs the 6-7 months until the S8.

If it helps the S7E I would be getting is the Exynos and Note 7 would be SD820.

I want to get the S7E because it's cheaper but afraid I will regret it.
    08-19-2016 07:32 AM
    No, im not going to let myself be poisoned and buy note 7 for 64 gb, iris scanner and blue color. Though i had watch some vids in youtube, web readup and forum discussion about n7. The more you see. The more wrong tempted move it going to lure you in. Lol. No im not going to fall.
    08-19-2016 08:41 AM
    I know this is extremely hypocritical but I decided to jump ship and upgrade to the Note 7 even after deciding it wasn't worth it LOL
    08-19-2016 03:48 PM
    There is one major reason to get the Note 7 over the S7 Edge, its the SPen. So it you love taking notes naturally at home or work, or an artist (As some of my friends have bought this to design their work) then good for you. Otherwise S7 edge is more than enough.

For me, I loved the SPen and If had deeper pockets, I would have surely switch to the Note 7.
    08-19-2016 04:39 PM
    I currently don't have either device but trying to decide on one over the other and the Note would end up being ~$120 more than S7E in my case, is it worth it for S-pen/iris scanner/extra 32Gb base mem/"newer" device that won't be refreshed for a year vs the 6-7 months until the S8.

If it helps the S7E I would be getting is the Exynos and Note 7 would be SD820.

I want to get the S7E because it's cheaper but afraid I will regret it.
    Go for the Note 7 then. Its more than worth it price and features.
    08-19-2016 04:41 PM
    I now have 3 different Artech21 cases, an Illumi Aquashield film screen protector, and a brand new Gear VR (used once) that is completely useless to me now. Anybody wanna buy everything for $60?? Lol.

If I'm not allowed to post this, mods please delete and I apologize.
    08-19-2016 04:43 PM
    I sold my S7 Edge and have the Note 7 now. Very glad I did it... but I am an S-Pen user from previous notes so some may not agree .
    08-19-2016 04:43 PM
    There is one major reason to get the Note 7 over the S7 Edge, its the SPen. So it you love taking notes naturally at home or work, or an artist (As some of my friends have bought this to design their work) then good for you. Otherwise S7 edge is more than enough.

For me, I loved the SPen and If had deeper pockets, I would have surely switch to the Note 7.
    I'm an active forex trader so my decision weighed heavily on whether I use that pen or not. I take a lot of screenshots to draw indicators and other things so I feel like that pen would really make my trading easier.

I'm also on the 2-year payment plan through Verizon and had already paid off half my phone so I only had to pay for the tax fees of about $60 to upgrade.
    08-19-2016 04:45 PM
    I sold my S7 Edge and have the Note 7 now. Very glad I did it... but I am an S-Pen user from previous notes so some may not agree .
    I pulled the trigger about 2 hours ago....expected delivery time on Tuesday next week. Did yours arrive already? What color did you choose?
    08-19-2016 04:47 PM
    I pulled the trigger about 2 hours ago....expected delivery time on Tuesday next week. Did yours arrive already? What color did you choose?
    I went with black since it is actually black. Looks real slick .
    08-19-2016 05:01 PM
    I see. Black does look real slick I've had black phones my entire life, tried out white once on the Note 4(never again). The blue looks really unique so that's what I got this time. No skins for it either.

Time to start shopping for some new cases....looking at this one right now: https://www.amazon.com/Zizo-Tempered...cUvbUpU5346661

Comes with a TGSP!
    08-19-2016 05:11 PM
    the phone grip feels so much better
    08-19-2016 11:36 PM
    When it drops to £600 perhaps I will. I let others do the 'in the field testing' first and if there are no serious problems ... :-)

That pen would be handy.

Soft glass could be a potential problem so far but it is probably just one of the usual OCD reactions you normally get when something has been released.

Meanwhile I just enjoy using my absolutely superb Edge which has been faultless. Fantastic phone.
    08-20-2016 03:26 AM
    I am. The S7 edge is a great device. Even though the Note is extremely close to the edge for me the extra features are worth it. I love the pen. I love the feel. And many others.

I understand though those who don't think it's worth spending the extra money.
    Most people know the value of money which you clearly demonstrate that you don't. You are clearly a college student by that statement.
    08-20-2016 05:13 AM
    Why not put your music on an sd card?
    Same boat with nearly a third of my storage taken up by spotify. But I can't go sd card because I'm using it dual sim. But then I still got 8GB free without any app left to install for me that I need, and actually quite a few installed that I don't use anymore so. I think I'm good.
    08-20-2016 05:16 AM
    Most people know the value of money which you clearly demonstrate that you don't. You are clearly a college student by that statement.
    Uh I'm no college student, and gainfully employed.... And I'm moving from S7 Edge to the Note 7. I'm doing that because first of all, I use my pen a lot on my Surface Pro 4 so I know I will use it a lot on a phone. Secondly, it addresses most of my main complaints with the S7 Edge. These were: not enough on-board storage for me, I missed the larger 5.7 inch screen I had before getting the S7 Edge (yes, I noticed the difference), and I'm constantly accidentally triggering actions when I touch the screen edge.... Which is supposedly not an issue with the Note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    08-20-2016 05:48 AM
    Uh I'm no college student, and gainfully employed.... And I'm moving from S7 Edge to the Note 7. I'm doing that because first of all, I use my pen a lot on my Surface Pro 4 so I know I will use it a lot on a phone. Secondly, it addresses most of my main complaints with the S7 Edge. These were: not enough on-board storage for me, I missed the larger 5.7 inch screen I had before getting the S7 Edge (yes, I noticed the difference), and I'm constantly accidentally triggering actions when I touch the screen edge.... Which is supposedly not an issue with the Note 7.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Sorry I am not usually happy when I drink. Had a few too many beers last night. Thank you for being very mature and not showing any reaction to my negatively. With that said, my point stand - you sir or mam are clearly not a college student
    blackburn5bw likes this.
    08-20-2016 01:06 PM
    Mod note: please let's keep the discussion on topic and civil.
    08-20-2016 01:48 PM
    I played with the Note today and at least physically it's exactly the same as the S7 Edge. Same exact size but slightly smaller bezel to make the screen a little bigger. I was actually disappointed and saw no need to upgrade...
    08-20-2016 03:05 PM
    I f I were a rich person buying every new phone that came out sure I'd get it but I'm barely doing just fine with 32gb But I pretty much used up all the 32gb thanks to half the storage being taken up by downloaded music from spotify
    So why not slip an SD Card into the slot....
    All my Spotify downloads are on mine.....
    08-20-2016 05:04 PM
    I know this is extremely hypocritical but I decided to jump ship and upgrade to the Note 7 even after deciding it wasn't worth it LOL
    It's a sickness lol
    08-20-2016 05:07 PM
70 123