S7E Users....any moving to Note 7?

danlnyc

Feb 17, 2012
Visit site
I was able to check out the Note 7 in person yesterday at the Best Buy store.

It's basically a S7E with a pen. I was not impressed by the size of the screen size as it was basically identical to the S7. With the S7 placed on top of the Note 7, the width is exactly the same. Screen size was like | | much bigger.

When I tried to use the screenshot feature with the pen, I was hit by the "Screen Overlay" sign. The pens own overlay was conflicting with Note 7's best selling feature. Is that an incredibly stupid thing to overlook or what?

As for me, I will not be updating to the Note 7.

Any thoughts?

anon(5630457)

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I was able to check out the Note 7 in person yesterday at the Best Buy store.

It's basically a S7E with a pen. I was not impressed by the size of the screen size as it was basically identical to the S7. With the S7 placed on top of the Note 7, the width is exactly the same. Screen size was like | | much bigger.

When I tried to use the screenshot feature with the pen, I was hit by the "Screen Overlay" sign. The pens own overlay was conflicting with Note 7's best selling feature. Is that an incredibly stupid thing to overlook or what?

As for me, I will not be updating to the Note 7.

Any thoughts?

Well, the S7 edge was new like 5 months ago. I don't see any incentive to spend $859 to get the Note 7 from the S7 edge. They both have (mostly) the same features. Might as well wait for the S8.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Coming from the S7 Edge I think I will be. At first I didn't but once I checked it out I decided to try and make the necessary arrangements to get one. I think it is going to be a better upgrade than most think now.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I was tempted, but ultimately decided to keep my S7 Edge. This new Note blew me away when I played with it at Best Buy. But.... so did the S7 Edge just 5 or so months ago. So I fear if I upgraded I would just be doing so to have the newest.

I don't need the larger screen, as my current phone has a better screen size to battery ratio. And the S-Pen is awesome, but not a need for me.

Posted via the Android Central App

Tower72

Gigantic Member
Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
Same..this is the first Samsung phone I actually like. Played with the Note, and aside from the S-Pen and the iris scanner, I have no interest and those 2 things alone are not enough to make me switch

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I am. The S7 edge is a great device. Even though the Note is extremely close to the edge for me the extra features are worth it. I love the pen. I love the feel. And many others.

I understand though those who don't think it's worth spending the extra money.

dmateo

Feb 3, 2015
Visit site
I replaced my note 4 with an s7e and honestly the size of this device is perfect for one handed usability. Don't think I'll be getting a note 7 anytime soon.

Posted via the Android Central App

Dukins

Nov 17, 2009
Visit site
I wasn't going to at first until I seen all of the differences. It's more than just adding an s-pen and iris scanner. It's alot more to it. I sold my S7Edge to my buddy and using my backup Note 4 for now.

xiLLeNtz

Jan 20, 2011
Visit site

I'm glad we got this out of the way. In the past I only bought Note devices because of the bigger screen and/or the better camera. But with the screen sizes being very similar and the cameras being the same I guess there is no reason for me to upgrade!

nestafaria

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Yes, mostly because I'm switching carriers. Looking forward to the Note's ergonomics, I find it hard to hold onto the edge without a case.

bassoprofundo

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Is no one else finding themselves cramped by the 32gb of storage on the S7e? I've thought about upgrading just for the ability to get a 64gb phone, but man, the price is steep.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Is no one else finding themselves cramped by the 32gb of storage on the S7e? I've thought about upgrading just for the ability to get a 64gb phone, but man, the price is steep.
That is the main reason I am getting it. I have about 5gb left and haven't installed any of my games I usually play which are about 1-2 GB a piece. I have a 200gb card for media. Should be set.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
When I was deciding to get the S7 edge I took a risk and it was a good risk because I had a slight feeling the Note 7 was going to have better performance a even bigger battery and a slightly better camera but I was like they are probably gonna do what they did with the note 5 so I took the chance with the S7 edge. I came from a Note 3 and didn't exactly use the s pen much. I sorta regret getting the S7 edge because the Note 7 promotions but those are small things. I was also at the time wanting to wait for HTC 10 but that gear VR promo at the time told me to just get the S7 and I don't regret it.

Antony Guan

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
I f I were a rich person buying every new phone that came out sure I'd get it but I'm barely doing just fine with 32gb But I pretty much used up all the 32gb thanks to half the storage being taken up by downloaded music from spotify

mia_xoxo

Aug 8, 2016
Visit site
I'll be switching over. I don't know if it's my lack of loyalty, but I've noticed my battery drains so quickly now. Usually by 12 pm I'm down to 30 or 20 something percent. Before I'd be resting comfortably at 50 something percent or more.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I f I were a rich person buying every new phone that came out sure I'd get it but I'm barely doing just fine with 32gb But I pretty much used up all the 32gb thanks to half the storage being taken up by downloaded music from spotify
Why not put your music on an sd card?

mackie8

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Im an ex s7 user... And im moving to note 7 for the 64gb storage.
I had used my s7 for 2weeks impressive but 32gb internal is too limiting for me I have 128gb sd but not all apps I can move to external..... I got my s7 for Sing$700 and I was able to sell again at Sing$680... Not much losses for me anyway....

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie