S7 Edge randomly becomes unresponsive when locked

A

AC Question

My S7 edge randomly becomes unresponsive while being locked. I have restored factory settings multiple times, and tried running the phone in safe mode, but the issue still appears. I have to hard reset (power + volume down) to get the phone to work again.

I have not been able to find a cause for the problem. It seems totally random.

Anyone else experiencing this, and/or have any other suggestions before I return the phone for service?

-d

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
I've had it become very slow, and while I'm typing in my pin, the screen self locks, and I have to unlock it again, and then slooooowly type in the pin. So not as bad as you, but still very irritating. I'm also seeing a lot more lag that the first few months. I'm hoping it's an app, and I can figure it out...

Posted via the Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Does a reboot help at all? It could be a background process keeping the device awake, and maybe the reboot will clear it.

jepean

May 20, 2014
Visit site
A reboot makes the phone work again. However it can be just a matter of minutes before it will be unresponsive again. Some days it will become unresponsive 10-15 times and another day it might not happen at all. Very strange!