For about a week I've noticed that when I have my s7 edge connected to wifi, it will constantly keep switching between the wifi and 4g every couple of seconds. I am beyond frustrated and unsure of what to do. Anyone else experience this issue, or have any suggestions on how to fix this? Thanks.
    08-16-2016 05:39 PM
    Are you sending/receiving any MMS while it does that? MMS, unless you have WiFi calling enabled, will always use mobile data and not WiFi. Also check the Smart Network Switch status and see if turning it off helps (maybe you have connection issues in your modem/router that are making the phone have to swtich to 4G).
    08-16-2016 06:36 PM
    @spookdroid. it is constantly switching from wifi to 4g, so even when I'm not sending mms, it is still switching. I also have smart network switch off. and no matter where I am, home, work, family or friends homes, and I'm connected to the wifi, it still goes to 4g. I have no idea what else to do
    08-16-2016 07:35 PM
    Try these and let me know if anything helps:
    1) Boot up the phone in safe mode (Turn off, then press and hold POWER until you see the Samsung logo appear, then release the button and press and hold VOLUME DOWN until you see the words SAFE MODE). Does your phone do the same while in that mode?

2) Put your phone in Airplane mode and then turn WiFi on. Do you see connectivity issues or intermittence?

3) Try forgetting the WiFi network and adding it again.

4) Check if 'Download Booster' is also off (depending on your version you might not have this option).
    08-17-2016 10:47 AM
    @spookdroid. I did boot up my phone in safe mode, however I was still getting the constant switch between the wifi/4g. I then tried your second suggestion by putting my phone in airplane mode, I wasn't seeing any issues with my wifi so I I turned off airplane mode and my phone is staying connected to my wifi without switching to 4g. thank you so much for your suggestion, it seems to have worked!
    SpookDroid likes this.
    08-17-2016 04:45 PM
    Well, glad I could help! I wish we knew what exactly was causing it, but at least now you know a way to 'fix' it if it happens again! Might be a bug in the OS if it does happen again, though. Hope it doesn't.
    08-17-2016 05:45 PM