I'm new to the Samsung family. I've been an ios user for years. But wanted the water resist phone. Bought a clear case. Learning to use this thing. I love the low light photos I'm able to take and the additional available aps.

Sitting outside on a step the phone slipped out of my hand the phone fell 2' and impacted a stone right next to the home button. Shattering the screen. 😲😢

Thankfully I bought the extended warranty from Sam's Club. I've had it about 2.5 weeks.
    08-18-2016 12:23 PM
    I'm new to the Samsung family. I've been an ios user for years. But wanted the water resist phone. Bought a clear case. Learning to use this thing. I love the low light photos I'm able to take and the additional available aps.

Sitting outside on a step the phone slipped out of my hand the phone fell 2' and impacted a stone right next to the home button. Shattering the screen.

Thankfully I bought the extended warranty from Sam's Club. I've had it about 2.5 weeks.
    My advice, don't worry about a pretty case, worry about one that is going to save your $800 device when it falls 2 feet.
    Get an OtterBox Defender. Remove that CRAP Plastic built in screen protector and replace with a Tempered Glass Screen Protector.
    You will never have an issue with a drop again
    08-18-2016 10:02 PM
    My advise, don't bother with cases that make your sleek phone look like a first generation Motorola brick phone. Get insurance instead.

Well done OP. :-)
    08-19-2016 04:08 AM
    My advise, don't bother with cases that make your sleek phone look like a first generation Motorola brick phone. Get insurance instead.

Well done OP. :-)
    Yes that's right. Great advice. Don't protect your device so you can have something that looks pretty.
    That's like saying;
    "Don't wrap that $1000.00 crystal vase in bubble wrap, I will carry it out so I can show off to people that really don't care that I have something nice"

Typically even with insurance there is a deductible. Usually 200 to 250 bucks for something like a new S7. So you are still out
    08-19-2016 05:25 AM
    Everyone who buys the edge or s7 even for that matter should be buying Samsung's protection plus. It's 129.00 and covers everything for 2 years. With 2 replacements per year. It's worth it in the long run.
    08-19-2016 08:20 AM
    Everyone who buys the edge or s7 even for that matter should be buying Samsung's protection plus. It's 129.00 and covers everything for 2 years. With 2 replacements per year. It's worth it in the long run.
    I wish I had it instead of Square Trade
    08-19-2016 02:38 PM
    Unless you live in Canada...A $40 case makes sense, rather than relying on insurance to show off your slim pretty device. Personally I care more about function that appearance
    08-19-2016 09:56 PM
    We can't get protection plus in the UK. Wish we could. I've got insurance with my carrier.
    08-19-2016 10:03 PM
    I have two S7 Edge phones. I have never ever bought insurance for any phone I have ever owned and I have never broken then display on any phone either. Cases have always protected them and I will always use cases.
    mhinc likes this.
    08-20-2016 02:29 AM
    Unless you live in Canada...A $40 case makes sense, rather than relying on insurance to show off your slim pretty device. Personally I care more about function that appearance
    And I care about having a phone I can comfortably hold, which I can't when it's inside a brick of an otterbox. Compromising function every day for two years on the off chance I drop the phone some day doesn't make sense to me. And even an otterbox won't help if the screen lands on the edge of a rock.

Oh, and all of the TGSP available for the S7 Edge are crap, and not worth spending a dime on.
    underway99 likes this.
    08-21-2016 05:07 PM
    I had and returned two of the more highly-recommend TGSP, the GPEL and the Zagg. Neither fit particularly well, especially with a case. And both killed the responsiveness of the screen. Additionally, the Zagg had some kind of oily sheen that I just couldn't completely eliminate.
    08-21-2016 06:21 PM
    And I care about having a phone I can comfortably hold, which I can't when it's inside a brick of an otterbox. Compromising function every day for two years on the off chance I drop the phone some day doesn't make sense to me. And even an otterbox won't help if the screen lands on the edge of a rock.

Oh, and all of the TGSP available for the S7 Edge are crap, and not worth spending a dime on.
    You are highly exaggerating the OtterBox. By no means is there a problem with comfort while holding it, if anything, it not being slippery glass makes it more comfortable and easier to hold. There's absolutely NO comprimise to function, even with Wireless charging through the defender, works perfect
    08-22-2016 03:12 AM
    Square Trade last week told me they were sending me a replacement phone in 3-5 days. Today I get an email that they were sending me a check for $750.

Should I get a note 7?
    08-22-2016 05:51 PM
    Square Trade last week told me they were sending me a replacement phone in 3-5 days. Today I get an email that they were sending me a check for $750.

Should I get a note 7?
    I would say yes, if you are into a larger device. I would take it by far. Guess it depends how much out of pocket you are willing to pay to make up the difference. But I would go with it for sure!
    stevensondrive likes this.
    08-22-2016 10:04 PM
    You are highly exaggerating the OtterBox. By no means is there a problem with comfort while holding it, if anything, it not being slippery glass makes it more comfortable and easier to hold. There's absolutely NO comprimise to function, even with Wireless charging through the defender, works perfect
    Just goes to show how opinions differ. I would never take the bulk of an OtterBox for my phone. I still use a case (usually a Spigen Neo Hybrid) but the OtterBox is just too much for my needs.
    08-23-2016 12:45 AM
    Just goes to show how opinions differ. I would never take the bulk of an OtterBox for my phone. I still use a case (usually a Spigen Neo Hybrid) but the OtterBox is just too much for my needs.
    I get that, and it makes sense. I guess my point was, having protection should out weigh looks to a point.
    Personally I am all about performance vs looking pretty. But everyone has different levels of what protection they feel they need
    Almeuit likes this.
    08-23-2016 12:47 AM
    Maybe you have large hands. I don't. The Otterbox on a 7 Edge is huge. Or Yuuuuge!!!!, depending on your political preferences. I use a slim case that adds plenty of grip without a lot of bulk.

I get that, and it makes sense. I guess my point was, having protection should out weigh looks to a point.
    Personally I am all about performance vs looking pretty. But everyone has different levels of what protection they feel they need
    Who said anything about looks? Not me.
    08-23-2016 04:02 PM