So one thing i love about this phone is the double tap to launch camera option. It's so nice to be like "oh something i want to take a picture of quickly" and boom the camera is up. it's fantastic.

However about 10% of the time i do this. the quick picture that was taken does not save to my camera roll or anywhere on my phone. It will even show in the little box on the camera screen that takes you to your camera roll. It shows it like i took the picture, but it just didn't save anywhere.
    After about a minute that little preview picture will go away and i know for sure the picture is just gone.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know how to fix it?
    08-19-2016 08:58 AM
    Mine does this alot! I've always been going to ask this and then forget. It gets very frustrating. I hope someone knows a fix or what the issue is?
    08-19-2016 09:07 AM
    Where are you pics saving to, if it's to SD card have you tested it with saving to internal memory, to rule out a bad card.
    08-20-2016 08:51 AM
    Mine does this, also, all the time and it really annoys me! In fact, it just happened yesterday! I have my camera turned on to save photos to SD card, which may be overkill. I also have One Drive installed, so maybe I should switch over to Save to device ...
    08-22-2016 07:05 PM
    Where are you pics saving to, if it's to SD card have you tested it with saving to internal memory, to rule out a bad card.
    Ugh where's the damn option for this i can't find out how to swap it.
    08-23-2016 02:07 PM
    Ugh where's the damn option for this i can't find out how to swap it.
    Open the camera and select the gear icon for options. Scroll down and it's under storage location.
    08-25-2016 11:21 AM
    Open the camera and select the gear icon for options. Scroll down and it's under storage location.
    Well i'm stupid. I thought i had my memory card in my phone. Guess it's still in my tablet at home.

Guess that's why i don't see "Storage location" on those options.
    08-25-2016 11:35 AM
    I've had this issue happen randomly as well. I have my phone set to save to the memory card and there's a ton of available space left.
    08-25-2016 01:31 PM
    So one thing i love about this phone is the double tap to launch camera option. It's so nice to be like "oh something i want to take a picture of quickly" and boom the camera is up. it's fantastic.

However about 10% of the time i do this. the quick picture that was taken does not save to my camera roll or anywhere on my phone. It will even show in the little box on the camera screen that takes you to your camera roll. It shows it like i took the picture, but it just didn't save anywhere.
    After about a minute that little preview picture will go away and i know for sure the picture is just gone.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know how to fix it?

This happens to me too! Only when doing the quick launch by double tapping the main button to launch camera. Quick picture taken, small icon shows it saved, then later it is no where. Mine is saving to internal memory with plenty of space. So frustrating!
    01-30-2017 11:35 AM
    My Galaxy S8+ does this all the time. I have picture storage set to "device" so it rules out a bad SD card. It is very irritating and I am waiting for an update that fixes it.
    08-19-2018 05:57 PM