Permanent fix to Battery Drain.

shoaib shah

Mar 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi

As you all know most Android devices inevitably have to suffer from the Battery Drain coming from the high percentage usage of the Android System or Android OS showing in the battery stats.

I am also suffering the same with my s7edge. I know rebooting or factory resetting fixes it but temporarily.

Is there a permanent fix to this problem.

Thanks in advance

😀

Posted via the Android Central App

Bleezy

Jun 29, 2010
Visit site
If there was an answer to this, we'd all know by now. Ive researched various sites and there isnt a clear answer. All you can do is disable the bloatware, and turn off everything you're not using (wifi, blutooth, gps, etc) and close out the apps running in the background when you're done using them. There isnt very much beyond that.

Jdroids

May 7, 2012
Visit site
Make sure to keep location history and improve accuracy turned off under location setting. That's one of the biggest hitter for stand by drain. Doing so wouldn't hinder use of map or any location based service.

access101

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Get package disabler pro from the play store and use the menu to select disable bloatware. Also disable qualcomm.atfi. this made my battery life rock!

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Sorry qualcomm.atfwd. it is a TV mirroring service. Ate a lot of my battery. I don't use it.

That is one of the packages that runs regardless of being disabled, though (go check it on the More tab of EZ Disabler...it will be running). The thought a while back when we were discussing this in another thread was that those packages that run anyway seemed to use more battery when disabled. I enabled any that insisted on running regardless of active status.