Phone not fast charging anymore

ejay#WN

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Fast charging is enabled, it's been days since my phone has been any kind of wet at all, I have not gotten the moisture detected warning, it's just not fast charging today for some reason. Just says "charging" when plugged in. I don't know what's changed

Stalonage

Aug 30, 2012
Visit site
Fast charging is enabled, it's been days since my phone has been any kind of wet at all, I have not gotten the moisture detected warning, it's just not fast charging today for some reason. Just says "charging" when plugged in. I don't know what's changed

Have you tried a different USB cable? I have the s7 edge and it did that to. Me a few times and it was just the USB cable.

Posted via the Android Central App

ejay#WN

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
Thanks. No I haven't yet but I will. Only other time I ever had a problem was a long time ago when it did get water in the port and was slow charging, but that went away on its own and I at least did see the moisture message. If it doesn't fix itself I'll get a different cord.

ejay#WN

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
On a side thought, could the cable having been used to charge something else be the cause of messing anything u? My wife doesn't respect the use chargers for what they are for concept.

osubass1

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
fairly unlikely that using the cable on something else would make a difference, unless that other thing you charged somehow damaged the cable.

i had a similar issue and tried taking the charger to a few different outlets to see if that made a difference. i also left it unplugged for a couple days.

not sure exactly which did it, but it started working like normal again.

ejay#WN

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site
It must have been the cord. I found we had an older white USB cord that looks exactly the same and plugged it into the base and the phone began fast charging. So cord I guess. Thank you guys though.

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
What is fast to you guys? Mine charges a little faster than a percent per minute which was very similar to my old LG G3. Seems like it isn't so fast...

cachun402

Sep 6, 2013
Visit site

In setting, in battery you might have fsdt charger turned off

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781