S7 edge battery drain, please help

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
US Model, At&t. I have pretty decent signal almost everywhere I go.
I have signal everywhere I go also with verizon, can't complain. But the Samsung processor international verison tends to be quicker, lighter on battery, and run cooler. I would be willing to go to AT&T and getting an international verison s7 edge if I had too. Because I know this phone has amazing potential. Honestly the best looking phone ever made as well.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I have signal everywhere I go also with verizon, can't complain. But the Samsung processor international verison tends to be quicker, lighter on battery, and run cooler. I would be willing to go to AT&T and getting an international verison s7 edge if I had too. Because I know this phone has amazing potential. Honestly the best looking phone ever made as well.

Ive heard some people having major issues with the Exynos version on at&t. LTE specifically and from what I understand no wifi calling which is huge to me while Im on vacation.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Oh really? Wifi calling is what I use inside the school because of horrible service. Why would you just use wifi calling on vacation?

I go to Puerto Rico a decent amount and the service at my uncles house is horrible. I have to be able to use my phone for business calls even on vacation so wifi calling saves my butt. I never really need it while Im home.

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I go to Puerto Rico a decent amount and the service at my uncles house is horrible. I have to be able to use my phone for business calls even on vacation so wifi calling saves my butt. I never really need it while Im home.
Oh okay that makes sense. Yes wifi calling is nice for sure!

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Ya my signal is usually never good. My home I have 2-3 bars. At work I have 1-2 tops. I work inside a school, in the data room with the servers and network switches. I'm a tech admin. I was only on the phone with Dell for like 20 mins today.

Yes a low signal will absolutely chew through a battery. While you are at home, most carriers have some good options for a stronger signal at home. Some carriers offer very good options for free.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

Ok.. Verizon.. It has less options for a signal booster than AT&T or T-Mobile.

Also the international versions you lose some LTE bands. Also you are out of luck with Samsung service, Samsung USA won't support and last I heard, won't even repair for pay. That leaves you with no warranty unless you buy it from someone here that offers a warranty.

When I was with AT&T, 2-3 bars was low enough to drain my battery and I got a microcell, but they only had 3G. I think you can buy microcell that will work on any service, but they are expensive and don't quote me on them working for Verizon.

Verizon does have an extender, it isn't great and it really only helps for phone signal at home.

Your options for at least boosting your signal at home would be better with AT&T and much better with T-Mobile.

If you are experiencing the same drain when you have a good signal, then I agree with Tyler, do an exchange or send it to Samsung.

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Ok.. Verizon.. It has less options for a signal booster than AT&T or T-Mobile.

Also the international versions you lose some LTE bands. Also you are out of luck with Samsung service, Samsung USA won't support and last I heard, won't even repair for pay. That leaves you with no warranty unless you buy it from someone here that offers a warranty.

When I was with AT&T, 2-3 bars was low enough to drain my battery and I got a microcell, but they only had 3G. I think you can buy microcell that will work on any service, but they are expensive and don't quote me on them working for Verizon.

Verizon does have an extender, it isn't great and it really only helps for phone signal at home.

Your options for at least boosting your signal at home would be better with AT&T and much better with T-Mobile.

If you are experiencing the same drain when you have a good signal, then I agree with Tyler, do an exchange or send it to Samsung.
Okay thanks so much for the information. I don't have a normal hardline Internet connection at home. I have a Verizon 4g LTE modem with unlimited data. The cell booster is super expensive. And t mobile, I can stand outside with the phone in the air and get 0 service. Att and verizon is really the he only decent option. Around me. I have tried verizon and friends have had att and they always go back to Verizon for my area.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Okay thanks so much for the information. I don't have a normal hardline Internet connection at home. I have a Verizon 4g LTE modem with unlimited data. The cell booster is super expensive. And t mobile, I can stand outside with the phone in the air and get 0 service. Att and verizon is really the he only decent option. Around me. I have tried verizon and friends have had att and they always go back to Verizon for my area.

The Verizon booster might work with that, but that is the minimal one that is free or very cheap. You should check with customer service.

The AT&T is only 3G, it is useless for data but great for a signal but requires an internet connection, the T-Mobile one has a couple of options, one doesn't require internet, but does require some signal.

Here is what I see on the Verizon site. It seems like there used to be another.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e....com/products/signal-boosters/&token=BI4wJmtr

There are some cheaper alternatives toward the bottom, don't know if they will work for you or not.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Here is the best i have got from my S7 edge battery life exynos version unlocked dual simView attachment 237508Screenshot_20160826-185725.jpg

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

Ripley

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
hi
i had a bit of battery drain myself on my s7 edge
what really worked for me and in fact has saved me about 30%-40% battery is uninstalling the facebook and messenger app
i now use metal for facebook, it doesn't show in the battery stats but facebook is a real battery hog...give it a try
hope it helps

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
hi
i had a bit of battery drain myself on my s7 edge
what really worked for me and in fact has saved me about 30%-40% battery is uninstalling the facebook and messenger app
i now use metal for facebook, it doesn't show in the battery stats but facebook is a real battery hog...give it a try
hope it helps
I don't have a Facebook so I haven't ever had Facebook on my phone. But yes I agree with you I know of many people that Facebook and Facebook messenger is a huge battery hog.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Wow that's good too! Was that just with common use? Like texting, calling, some social media?

Daily use with social apps like facebook instagram snapchat and calls little gaming...even apps like android central and wp central..little bit of mobile hot spot

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
Daily use with social apps like facebook instagram snapchat and calls little gaming...even apps like android central and wp central..little bit of mobile hot spot

Wow! That's very impressive lol. Never would my phone even dream of doing that. Do you have good service all day then?

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
Wow! That's very impressive lol. Never would my phone even dream of doing that. Do you have good service all day then?

I may have found something to help you a bit. Since you have wifi calling active you can put your phone in airplane mode at work then turn wifi back on and connect to it. Your calls will automatically route through wifi calling as well as text messages but your phone will stop searching for cell signal. This may add some decent battery life to your phone.

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I may have found something to help you a bit. Since you have wifi calling active you can put your phone in airplane mode at work then turn wifi back on and connect to it. Your calls will automatically route through wifi calling as well as text messages but your phone will stop searching for cell signal. This may add some decent battery life to your phone.
I used to do the whole airplane mode thing before I got important text messages lol. But I'm pretty sure if I go in airplane mode and even turn my wifi on it still won't allow text messages that's why I couldn't do it.

TylerLV76

Jun 30, 2016
Visit site
I used to do the whole airplane mode thing before I got important text messages lol. But I'm pretty sure if I go in airplane mode and even turn my wifi on it still won't allow text messages that's why I couldn't do it.

It does allow text messages over wifi. Weve been playing with it all day and so far havent lost any functionality.