Does anyone now if this update is just August's security patch or did it update something else as well?
    08-25-2016 02:20 PM
    Does anyone now if this update is just August's security patch or did it update something else as well?
    Just ran it, August security patch.
    08-25-2016 03:19 PM
    I'll give them credit though , atleast they have patched every month since release which has not historically been the case
    KPMcClave likes this.
    08-25-2016 10:49 PM
    No sign of the Samsung Cloud update with this patch. I thought that was rolling out with the August update on the international version of the phone. Appears AT&T didn't carry it forward yet.
    08-26-2016 05:53 AM
    I installed this update on my s7 edge and the palm rejection for the edge areas on eitherside immediately became significantly worse. So bad that I can no longer hold the device in one hand and still use it, and it was only barely passable before that. IMO the palm rejection is hands-down the worst, most poorly implemented thing on the phone, and that was before this latest update.

The palm rejection is completely broken now, whereas before it was only semi-broken. No, I don't have a case; the edge screens should not do this without one and if they do a case should be included with the price.

And no, the April update did diddly-squat to improve it, at least for me. Starting to think I got a bad one.
    08-27-2016 11:34 AM
    I installed this update on my s7 edge and the palm rejection for the edge areas on eitherside immediately became significantly worse. So bad that I can no longer hold the device in one hand and still use it, and it was only barely passable before that. IMO the palm rejection is hands-down the worst, most poorly implemented thing on the phone, and that was before this latest update.

The palm rejection is completely broken now, whereas before it was only semi-broken. No, I don't have a case; the edge screens should not do this without one and if they do a case should be included with the price.

And no, the April update did diddly-squat to improve it, at least for me. Starting to think I got a bad one.

I am sorry for the question, as I have only had my S7 Edge about 3 weeks now, but what is the Palm Rejection that you are speaking of?

I know nothing of that feature and would like to know what to look for on my phone. I use the palm swipe to turn off my screen but I don't think that is what you are talking about.

I have just started updating my phone with the AT&T Update so will wait until after the update to see if anything has changed.
    08-27-2016 04:05 PM
    Some people have a tendency, when holding the phone in (for example) their right hand, to allow their palm to touch the lower right hand corner of the screen. This touching is interpreted as a "touch" on the touchscreen and makes undesired things to happen unexpectedly. They allegedly included in some prior update some intelligence to detect these unintentional touchings and to not react to them. I, personally, don't seem to have a problem with it.
    08-27-2016 07:33 PM
    Just got the August update no S cloud
    08-27-2016 10:22 PM
    I have no idea what's going on with mine, got the phone in April, it's on 6.0.1, but it's still on the February security patch. Checking for updates says I'm up to date. S7 Edge 935A bone stock. Anyone have any idea?
    08-28-2016 12:04 AM
    One solution is to take the phone to an AT&T device center for them to flash the ROM. I did that after mine wouldn't do any updates, and that did the trick.
    MeatLoafT likes this.
    08-28-2016 12:24 AM
    Also you can take any Samsung phone to Best Buy and get it flashed for free at the Samsung counter.
    MeatLoafT likes this.
    08-28-2016 12:48 AM
    Thank you Kelly! I did that today. I'm now on the August patch.
    Just FYI, this did add enhanced messaging and wifi calling. I can't say about anything else, it just finished.
    08-30-2016 10:54 AM