Hello guys

I am using Google photos as a backup service, so all my photos and videos are backed up there

Though some times I capture 4k videos and Google photos is trying to upload it. Is there a way videos to be saved on different folder than photos? 4k videos are Taking so many hours to upload. I want to only upload the photos
    08-27-2016 09:23 AM
    In the preferences for google photos you should be able to turn off video backups.
    08-27-2016 10:10 AM
    In the preferences for google photos you should be able to turn off video backups.
    I can only do that for 3g/4g not wifi. Also how can I cancel a specific video upload? For example I recorded a 4k video of 3gb and I don't want it to upload
    08-27-2016 10:14 AM
    I had to enable the app to check and it looks like you cant limit it to photos only. I ditched google photos and went with one drive. Google photos is too limiting.

In your case youd have to disable syncing and upload what you want manually.
    08-27-2016 10:19 AM
    I had to enable the app to check and it looks like you cant limit it to photos only. I ditched google photos and went with one drive. Google photos is too limiting.

In your case youd have to disable syncing and upload what you want manually.
    One drive is better? Does it sync etc like Google photos?
    08-27-2016 10:21 AM
    One drive is better? Does it sync etc like Google photos?
    Yes it syncs like google photos. I think its better but thats my opinion. I like that I can decide what folders, types of files and when things sync. I also like that I have more control over albums. Im not sure what storage size is free now but I signed up for the free year of office and got 1tb free for a year. After that expires Ill decide what I need.

I just dont like how google photos wont allow me to upload existing folders and all my photos are lumped together by date. I have 30+thousand photos organized in folders.
    08-27-2016 11:56 AM
    Yes it syncs like google photos. I think its better but thats my opinion. I like that I can decide what folders, types of files and when things sync. I also like that I have more control over albums. Im not sure what storage size is free now but I signed up for the free year of office and got 1tb free for a year. After that expires Ill decide what I need.

I just dont like how google photos wont allow me to upload existing folders and all my photos are lumped together by date. I have 30+thousand photos organized in folders.
    Onedrive will make each folder an album when i upload the pictures via the phone?
    08-27-2016 03:38 PM
    No, one drive will upload to a camera folder then you can put them where you want. For me I needed the ability to upload my folders on my pc and google photos doesnt do that, it puts all the images together.
    08-27-2016 03:54 PM
    No, one drive will upload to a camera folder then you can put them where you want. For me I needed the ability to upload my folders on my pc and google photos doesnt do that, it puts all the images together.
    I think you can enable the Google photos folder to show up on Google drive and from there u can upload folders from you desktop.
    08-27-2016 04:47 PM
    I think you can enable the Google photos folder to show up on Google drive and from there u can upload folders from you desktop.
    It uses the google drive storage unfortunately and Id kill that 15gb pretty quick.
    08-27-2016 05:05 PM
    It uses the google drive storage unfortunately and Id kill that 15gb pretty quick.
    Oh yup. How's the upload download speeds on onedrive?
    08-27-2016 05:07 PM
    If you plan on sticking with google photos the best option you can do is turn off back up & sync and then manually highlight pics and upload them yourself through the app.
    08-27-2016 05:32 PM
    If you plan on sticking with google photos the best option you can do is turn off back up & sync and then manually highlight pics and upload them yourself through the app.
    I'm not sure yet what cloud service to use. Although I think Google would integrate better?
    08-27-2016 05:34 PM
    Photos does integrate very well its just limited. The upload on onedrive seems fine but I dont upload large videos, mainly photos.
    08-27-2016 06:53 PM