I have noticed lately that the GPS icon comes on and off on my phone even with the GPS off. I'm afraid the phone is using more battery by doing this.
    08-27-2016 06:32 PM
    I saw this earlier and tried this. Go to settings>privacy and safety>location>google location history>turn it off. Even though my location is off it kept pinging it. since I turned google location history off its stopped.
    08-27-2016 08:48 PM
    The GPS receiver itself uses barely more power than the battery uses when sitting on a shelf. Switching the LCD display on and off probably uses more (and that's almost zero).

There is a problem with the phone - a display problem - but even leavng the GPS receiver on full-time isn't going to drain much battery.
    08-28-2016 03:54 PM
    The GPS receiver itself uses barely more power than the battery uses when sitting on a shelf. Switching the LCD display on and off probably uses more (and that's almost zero).

There is a problem with the phone - a display problem - but even leavng the GPS receiver on full-time isn't going to drain much battery.
    That should be the case but Ive ran my phone both ways and with it off throughout the day I get almost a full hour more on time. Granted there are variables in there such as app use but it surely seems to run longer with gps off.
    08-28-2016 04:52 PM
    I saw this earlier and tried this. Go to settings>privacy and safety>location>google location history>turn it off. Even though my location is off it kept pinging it. since I turned google location history off its stopped.
    Thank you Tyler, this did the job.
    08-30-2016 10:48 PM