Considering Galaxy S7 Edge

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I have been using the GS5 for awhile now so I am obviously a bit behind! Though it is by no means a bad phone. 95% it always works and is reliable. That being said, I am getting anxious for a newer, more up to date phone. I am really liking the S7 Edge. Biggest thing that concerns me though is I've heard a lot of things about the screen and the phone in general breaking and being cracked really easily. Anyone wanna jump in on this? I generally use Spigen cases and their great, but I've also heard of the same thing even while using these cases.

sicario666

Dec 27, 2009
Visit site
With a curved edge screen. Damage will occur sooner than a simple flat faced screen. I've got an otterbox symmetry case on mine. But I'm also very careful when I use my device

TechReviews1

Aug 23, 2016
Visit site
Hi. Yes, the screen is more prone to cracking with this edge display. If it is dropped, and a rock lands on the edge of the screen, it would likely leave a very ugly crack spreading across the screen with a big mark on the edge it landed on. I am used to smaller phones, and I have tried a Samsung S7 Edge in person, and it was a bit too big for my hands. I personally was not a fan of the size. As you are going from a GS5, I would see if you could try out the phone in person to see if you like the edge display, the phone as a whole, and if the size is right for you. Just some helpful advice in making your purchase decision :). Hope this helps!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
The non Edge S7 is closer to the S5 in size, and you may want to consider it. The only thing you'd be giving up is the screen size and bigger battery, but it just about equalizes anyway. The rest of the specs are exactly the same so you'd be getting the same performance.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
As what the above poster said, the regular S7 is the same screen size as the GS5, so that's something to consider if you're concerned about the S7 Edge screen breaking easily. I had the S7 and preferred the larger screen so I got the S7 Edge. I bought Insurance so I'm covered. If you get the S7 Edge, I highly recommend you buy insurance.

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I was actually playing around with the S7E at the store last night and I quite like it! I just wonder if maybe there is some kind of heavy duty case that I can get that will completely protect it, because I have been known to drop my phone from time to time accidently. My S5 with Spigen Tough Armor case has survived every fall. Not really a huge fan of the regular S7. There's too much weight to it IMO. But that's something I might have to compromise on because I don't want to have to worry about dropping my phone and breaking it even if I have a good case on it.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
I was actually playing around with the S7E at the store last night and I quite like it! I just wonder if maybe there is some kind of heavy duty case that I can get that will completely protect it, because I have been known to drop my phone from time to time accidently. My S5 with Spigen Tough Armor case has survived every fall. Not really a huge fan of the regular S7. There's too much weight to it IMO. But that's something I might have to compromise on because I don't want to have to worry about dropping my phone and breaking it even if I have a good case on it.

Iam using s7 edge...and totally lovin it...i have dropped it couple of times but no crack..mine has fallen flat on the screen from waist height still no crack..but if your luck is bad it may crack if falls in a certain angle...battery life is killer around 2 days with meduim use. I get 2 days and 6 hrs sot..
There are good cases life UAG..new brand called ZiZO static cover has military drop standard..and has kickstand and not very bulky...View attachment 237963

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

Attachments

• downloadfile-1.jpg
    downloadfile-1.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 224

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site

If you really want the S7 Edge then go for it! I love my S7 Edge. I had the GS5 and even though the phone is made of plastic, it's a solid phone and can handle drops a lot better than the S7 Edge because it's made of plastic. The Spigen Tough Armor is a great case and will give pretty good protection. I don't know if you can put a glass screen protector on that case though. Again, if you really want the S7 Edge and you're very concerned about cracking the screen, I highly recommend you buy insurance. You shouldn't have to compromise and get the S7 only because you're concerned about dropping the phone. Buy the phone you really want.... and get insurance. :)

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
It's a GREAT phone, I love the curved screen and find watching videos on it very immersive.

If you want really good protection I'd suggest the Otterbox Defender, you won't find a more protective case.

johnmcc0710

Apr 13, 2014
Visit site
I traded my S7 for an S7 edge and am very happy with it. I have it in a Spigen case and use a screen protector. I also have insurance on this one. It is my favorite phone.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I just switched today from the note 7 to the edge and very happy so far I had too many issues with the note and the edge is the next best thing I would go for it.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I just switched today from the note 7 to the edge and very happy so far I had too many issues with the note and the edge is the next best thing I would go for it.

Perfect timing because the Note 7 is being recalled in 10 countries so far. Good thing I returned my Note 7 last week. I have no regrets keeping my S7 Edge.

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
Yeah so far, every time I'm at the store, I am totally drawn to that beautiful silver S7 Edge! I just wish it wasn't 779 dollars on T-Mobile!! Yikes! I really don't like the regular S7 honestly. The screen size on the S7E is perfect. And it might be just me, but does it seem like the sound quality is better on the S7E?

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
Yeah so far, every time I'm at the store, I am totally drawn to that beautiful silver S7 Edge! I just wish it wasn't 779 dollars on T-Mobile!! Yikes! I really don't like the regular S7 honestly. The screen size on the S7E is perfect. And it might be just me, but does it seem like the sound quality is better on the S7E?

It is a beautiful phone. A word of caution about the silver one. It's a serious fingerprint magnet compared to the black onyx one. Also, Best Buy currently has the Olympic Edition on sale for $769, which is the same price as full price of the T-Mobile one. I sold my T-Mobile silver S7 Edge for the Note 7, and ended up having too many problems with the Note and returning it just before the recall. I got the Olympic Edition from BB on Saturday. It's stunning. I posted a separate thread about it with pics. Look for the title related to the Olympic Edition. I'll post one pic here too.

Attachments

• 1114.jpg
    1114.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 135

torbach1

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site

OK, one more. It comes with a very nice box... The surrounds of the top speaker and home button, and the power button, volume button, and rear camera surround are all in the colors of the Olympic rings. It also has a beautiful Olympics based theme it comes with. I'm using a clear Speck case for protection. It still shows off this beauty of the phone but protects it from most drops.

Attachments

• 1115.jpg
    1115.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 69

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Silver look amazing but as mentioned before, insane fingerprint magnet. I bout a clear gearbest case, its survived a few drops. Cant go wrong with this phone

briannamarie91

Mar 3, 2014
Visit site
yeah i am loving the s7edge . i switched from the htc 10 and haven't looked back. it's the little things you miss when you leave. like the insane outdoor visibility and the best smartphone camera that just cannot be beat. not to mention accessories. i walked into best buy and couldn't find one accessory for my htc 10. for some that might not be a big deal but to me it was. its the perfect size, beautiful looking and blazing fast. in simpler terms, just go buy it :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan