Considering Galaxy S7 Edge

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
I think I am definitely going to purchase the S7E. I will do my research and get the most heavy duty case I can find though! Anyone have any idea for a good tempered glass screen protector? I use a Tech Armor branded one for my S5. I can also hopefully get a good 200 bucks out of reselling my S5 online. I've kept it in a case ever since I've had it and kept the box and all original accessories. I can easily put that towards the price of the S7E.

thorgrim

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I tried a number of cases, I didnt care if it added bulk or took away from the beauty of the phone, just wanted a case that would protect it. As another posted the Otterbox Defender is the best case, also has a built in screen protector, that is not an issue of it lifting off the screen as the tempered glass ones or plastic ones have tended to do. The only downside is phone can heat up quicker if in the sun, as well as the screen is slightly less responsive. But I find this at times a blessing as accidentally hitting the edge and launching an app has not been an issue anymore for me.

No matter what case you choose will always be some compromise to make.

steezytech

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
just go with your gut feeling. i have one and its beast af. like super super super good. you know the specs n stuff so a personal tip of mine is dont drop it. though the glass might survive and seem all gucci your amoled panel can get damaged due to the curve hotting hard on the floor and absorbing impact so it breaks. i dropped it on carpet from a 10cm tall matress and got lines of pixels going down thru the screen. glass is untouched tho

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
1ca2cd175b7394703400b468627fc209.jpg

Ronan1287

May 16, 2015
Visit site
just go with your gut feeling. i have one and its beast af. like super super super good. you know the specs n stuff so a personal tip of mine is dont drop it. though the glass might survive and seem all gucci your amoled panel can get damaged due to the curve hotting hard on the floor and absorbing impact so it breaks. i dropped it on carpet from a 10cm tall matress and got lines of pixels going down thru the screen. glass is untouched tho

This is exactly the kind of stuff that makes me not want to purchase it lol especially for almost 800 dollars

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Make sure you get insurance. I did. I like this better than my Nexus 6P.

That's exactly what I have been saying all this time. Get insurance and it will put your mind at ease. Phones aren't cheap these days and unfortunately the S7 Edge breaks easier than any non curved screen phone. But that didn't stop me from buying it. I love my S7 EDGE and I don't regret buying it.

Get the S7 Edge, buy insurance, buy a good case and start enjoy using the S7E like the rest of us. :)

Sorry, I meant to include "Ronan1287" in this post. Multi-quote didn't work on my phone.

Last edited:

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Question about insurance...I have never had insurance on a phone. I understand the curved edges on this device are fragile. Do you all just get carrier coverage or is there some other type of insurance you have & would recommend? Thanks

Sean Fanelli

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Question about insurance...I have never had insurance on a phone. I understand the curved edges on this device are fragile. Do you all just get carrier coverage or is there some other type of insurance you have & would recommend? Thanks

Id like to know too

steezytech

Jul 31, 2016
Visit site
And yeah when you buy your phone just ask the carrier for insurance. If you buy outright im pretty sure samsung offers insurance too. If youre buying an used phone you're ****ed lol

LdotAdot13

Aug 4, 2010
Visit site
OK, one more. It comes with a very nice box... The surrounds of the top speaker and home button, and the power button, volume button, and rear camera surround are all in the colors of the Olympic rings. It also has a beautiful Olympics based theme it comes with. I'm using a clear Speck case for protection. It still shows off this beauty of the phone but protects it from most drops.

What carrier are you on? Im curious about how well it will do in Verizon being that it is carrier unlocked.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power