Weird issue with text messages reordering

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So i use the default text app that samsung has on the phone. i've never had any issues with it so i've had no need to use a different app.

Recently (since one of the past AT&T updates we got) if i respond to a text message i guess "too quickly" It will actually put my response in front of the message i just got.

For example my wife texts me "On my way home", i get it and respond with a quick "K". For some reason the "K" will get moved up and if you read in order it looks like i said "K" THEN she said "on my way home"

If this is confusing i can take pictures. Sometimes it just makes it really annoying reading back through messages and i have no idea what is causing it to do this.

EDIT: also i know advanced messaging is an option now for AT&T, but i have it turned off. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
So i use the default text app that samsung has on the phone. i've never had any issues with it so i've had no need to use a different app.

Recently (since one of the past AT&T updates we got) if i respond to a text message i guess "too quickly" It will actually put my response in front of the message i just got.

For example my wife texts me "On my way home", i get it and respond with a quick "K". For some reason the "K" will get moved up and if you read in order it looks like i said "K" THEN she said "on my way home"

If this is confusing i can take pictures. Sometimes it just makes it really annoying reading back through messages and i have no idea what is causing it to do this.

EDIT: also i know advanced messaging is an option now for AT&T, but i have it turned off. Not sure if that makes any difference.
Advanced messaging should not have an effect on this. Try clearing the app cache and see if that fixes your problem: system settings > applications > messaging app > clear cache. If that doesn't work then try clearing the device cache via Recovery by following the instructions found here: Clear App Cache - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Advanced messaging should not have an effect on this. Try clearing the app cache and see if that fixes your problem: system settings > applications > messaging app > clear cache. If that doesn't work then try clearing the device cache via Recovery by following the instructions found here: Clear App Cache - Samsung Galaxy S7 / S7 edge | Verizon Wireless

Thanks cleared the app cache, and i always clear the device cache when i get an phone update. So i'll see if clearing the app cache changes anything

EDIT: nope didn't work

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Thanks cleared the app cache, and i always clear the device cache when i get an phone update. So i'll see if clearing the app cache changes anything

EDIT: nope didn't work
Try clearing the keyboard app cache. This is the last suggestion I have before suggesting a factory reset, which I really don't think will solve this problem. You can try another messaging app to see if that works. Not suggesting that it should be the solution, but just to make sure it's the app or possibly something else, like the keyboard.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Try clearing the keyboard app cache. This is the last suggestion I have before suggesting a factory reset, which I really don't think will solve this problem. You can try another messaging app to see if that works. Not suggesting that it should be the solution, but just to make sure it's the app or possibly something else, like the keyboard.
Whats a good messaging app you would suggest? I was gonna use Googles new Allo but it's not out yet.

EDIT: downloaded the Google messages app. Pretty nice and it doesn't have the issue of reordering messages. So look like it's a Samsung messages app issue

Last edited:

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Whats a good messaging app you would suggest? I was gonna use Googles new Allo but it's not out yet.

EDIT: downloaded the Google messages app. Pretty nice and it doesn't have the issue of reordering messages. So look like it's a Samsung messages app issue
Sorry, didn't see this earlier. I'm using the Messenger app and it's great. Hopefully it's fixed with an update if you prefer the Samsung app.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37