Icons in Google Now Launcher

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Decided to give Google Now Launcher a try to see if it had improved and I'm quite liking the look of it, but I'm having a problem with icons on it.
When I first downloaded the app, I had a MIUI theme installed on Touchwiz and GNL picked up those icons and used them. However if I go back and change my theme the MIUI icons remain in the launcher. I've even cleared the app cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher and on reinstall it still has the MIUI icons from the initial Touchwiz theme even though I don't even have a theme applied any more.

Anyone else seen or resolved this one?

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
As you can see here by the dock icons and the Samsung ones in the app drawer. I could understand if the stock touchwiz ones stuck but having a theme one stick in another launcher is very strange. The third screen shows I have other ones applied on TW.

fodspl.png

j9lleg.png

2dgqikn.png

Jack_Flint80

Sep 3, 2016
Visit site
I am experiencing the same issue. Did you find a fix for it?

Decided to give Google Now Launcher a try to see if it had improved and I'm quite liking the look of it, but I'm having a problem with icons on it.
When I first downloaded the app, I had a MIUI theme installed on Touchwiz and GNL picked up those icons and used them. However if I go back and change my theme the MIUI icons remain in the launcher. I've even cleared the app cache and uninstalled and reinstalled the launcher and on reinstall it still has the MIUI icons from the initial Touchwiz theme even though I don't even have a theme applied any more.

Anyone else seen or resolved this one?

emad1995

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Uninstall now launcher then clear all data in the Google app. Clearing just the cache for Google app won't work you actually have to clear all data.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
knowledge is power