Where's the FM radio

anon(19981)

May 2, 2010
Visit site
Download next radio and listen to your local fm stations. You do have to have a set of headphones connected to your phone. The radio uses the cord as an antenna.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Does next radio activate the actual radio and plays it without using data? Or is it just another streaming app?

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
Does next radio activate the actual radio and plays it without using data? Or is it just another streaming app?

The Next radio app won't use data since it is getting the signal over the air just as a regular FM radio would. You need to have your headset connected because it uses that as the antenna.

tcdude

May 22, 2013
Visit site
Not available for this device in my region. Why is that? Is it the carrier or the different variants that samsung sends out to different areas?

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I'm in Canada and my carrier is Telus
I'm on bell doesn't work. I downloaded nextradio apk. Got into the app and was able to browse stations but no sound with headphones plugged in. Don't think any of the Canadian carriers unlocked the radio yet.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm on bell doesn't work. I downloaded nextradio apk. Got into the app and was able to browse stations but no sound with headphones plugged in. Don't think any of the Canadian carriers unlocked the radio yet.

The app should warn you immediately upon opening if it will work with the phone. If you get a warning, the FM radio is not activated.

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
The app should warn you immediately upon opening if it will work with the phone. If you get a warning, the FM radio is not activated.
I did get a warning at first. Then I got a notification from nextradio. Opened it and it let me in. Set it up and everything.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phantom3SE