Has anyone ever experienced their Galaxy S7 Edge get REALLY hot sometimes? This even happened when I had the phone in my pocket.
    09-02-2016 08:59 AM
    Mod note: moved to Glaxay S7 edge forum for better traffic.
    09-02-2016 09:17 AM
    Does it have the POS Snapdragon 800 series chip in it??? It's sad that Qualcomm puts out such chips and charges such a premium for them.

I would be curious if the Samsung chips get as hot....
    09-02-2016 11:27 AM
    Wasn't the S7 an Exynos CPU only? Or was that the S6?
    09-03-2016 04:58 PM
    A hot phone probably means that your CPU usage is high. Look under battery settings to see if one app is using a lot of battery. Otherwise, a hard reset is probably in order. Your phone shouldn't get that hot unless you're playing a game or something intense.
    09-03-2016 05:05 PM
    mine was getting hot too, So i shut off fast charging and i am good to go now.I don;t know if that did it but it is not getting hot anymore.
    09-03-2016 05:12 PM
    I get it when you have an app trying to do something or when network connectivity keeps going in and out. More of a software issue than cpu usually.
    09-03-2016 05:53 PM
    A hot phone probably means that your CPU usage is high. Look under battery settings to see if one app is using a lot of battery. Otherwise, a hard reset is probably in order. Your phone shouldn't get that hot unless you're playing a game or something intense.
    I have been told that. I have downloaded a couple of apps to monitor such stuff and they come up with nothing. I have a droid turbo 2 with the Qualcomm 810. I have yet to hear about any 800 chip that doesn't run hot. And I don't run games - browse and use standard apps only. I am so not impressed with Qualcomm 800 series chips. I have never heard of any phone that doesn't run hot with those chips.
    09-03-2016 06:18 PM
    When you say really hot... What battery temperature are you talking about?
    09-03-2016 07:24 PM
    When you say really hot... What battery temperature are you talking about?
    About 105. All I have to do is surf the web for awhile and open apps like this. Seems to me if the phone was engineered properly that wouldn't happen. Only common denominator is Qualcomm 800 series. I'm curious about the Samsung chip.
    09-03-2016 08:21 PM
    Mine got hot in the beginning and now never does. But I turned off fast changing. It's great when you need to top off the battery between work and going out.

Otherwise it's off.
    09-03-2016 10:34 PM
    Has anyone ever experienced their Galaxy S7 Edge get REALLY hot sometimes? This even happened when I had the phone in my pocket.
    Mine is the same, but I don't use fast charging. If a hard reset or other suggestions don't work I would recommend you take it back to the supplier, as it is likely that this extremely over heating caused my screen and several others to crack
    09-04-2016 02:36 AM
    About 105. All I have to do is surf the web for awhile and open apps like this. Seems to me if the phone was engineered properly that wouldn't happen. Only common denominator is Qualcomm 800 series. I'm curious about the Samsung chip.
    105 seems hot for just surfing the web. Mine hits around 90- 95 in this activity
    09-04-2016 12:02 PM
    105 seems hot for just surfing the web. Mine hits around 90- 95 in this activity
    Yeah, I pretty much have just chalked it up to the 810 processor. Sometimes it will stay in the 90-05 range. Other times as much as 105. Factory reset didn't change much. I have seen other folks comment on pretty much every 800 series Qualcomm chip running hot just doing routine things such as charging and running basic apps and surfing the web. Usually it will cool down if I close all the background apps, yet none of the background apps every show using excessive power or battery resources -- while running or in the background. I am running Marshmallow. I think it runs a little warmer on Marshmallow then it did under Lollipop, but I'm not certain.

I am just curious if the Exonys chips heat up like the Qualcomm chips.
    09-04-2016 12:47 PM
    Yeah, I pretty much have just chalked it up to the 810 processor. Sometimes it will stay in the 90-05 range. Other times as much as 105. Factory reset didn't change much. I have seen other folks comment on pretty much every 800 series Qualcomm chip running hot just doing routine things such as charging and running basic apps and surfing the web. Usually it will cool down if I close all the background apps, yet none of the background apps every show using excessive power or battery resources -- while running or in the background. I am running Marshmallow. I think it runs a little warmer on Marshmallow then it did under Lollipop, but I'm not certain.

My note 4 had a 800 series and it ran very cool. But my other 800 devices ran a bit warm. My note 7 is ok
    09-04-2016 03:21 PM

Exynos runs just as hot. Anything up to 110-120 seems to be normal/expected.
    CPU-Z does some nice temperature reporting.
    09-05-2016 08:01 PM
    Hi,
    I got my galaxy s7e 2 months ago. Suddenly from 3 day ago it starts sometimes warming. I disabled fast charging, inistalled some monitoring cpu and to night I understood something.
    When it gets warm, cpu frequency comes down and cpu temp becomes 40 or 39 degrees! But but, battery temp goes high (around 34 degree which is the temp of the cover)!
    And when it is cold, cpu frequency and temp goes high (around 57 degree and almost 2.6 GHz) but battery temp is down ( around 23 degrees)!

What does it mean? It means that maybe they have battery problem and when battery encounters a problem and getting warm, cpu temp goes high, so cpu reduce the frequency because it thinks that it makes heat but it is not! Because battery is hot. And when battery comes back in normal temp, cpu frequency goes high.

I use my phone in a place which has high humidity. It is exactly the smae problem that galaxy notes had. Moisture in the battery made it explode. I am affraid of exploding my phone. But I am almost sure that it is because of battery.
    11-10-2016 02:33 PM
    Mine does something similar, it will suddenly get really hot (monitor app said 41 but I don't know how accurate theae apps are) and drain battery extremely quickly, then after 30ish mins the app updates will start. It's always the same, hot then updates.

I've tried setting it to not auto update and that seemed to be worse.

Then tonight, I left the house with battery at just over 80, went to gym, left the phone on the side untouched, nothing being used at all, and 90 mins later its at 45% and very hot. So I turned it off, left it to cool and then turned back on. All seemed OK then I come back 30 mins later and it's very hot again and down to 19% and not showing 4G data just showing full bars with h+. This is in an area with very good 4G signal.

I get home, phone auto connects to WiFi, I manually turned off mobile data and within 5 mins is running cool and has only dropped 2% in the last 30 mins.

I'm getting quite concerned about the heating up issue with the whole note 7 fiasco in the back of my mind, although I know realistically the chances of my phone catching fire are ridiculously tiny enough to make it almost impossible.
    11-10-2016 05:29 PM
    Mine gets warm sometimes.. but it's always cpu temp that goes up... batt temp is pretty stable at 25-30°C

Usually, I'm using the vr, or playing a game when it warms up... its usually fine while charging, or just we browsing.
    11-10-2016 08:56 PM
    Mine does something similar, it will suddenly get really hot (monitor app said 41 but I don't know how accurate theae apps are) and drain battery extremely quickly, then after 30ish mins the app updates will start. It's always the same, hot then updates.

I've tried setting it to not auto update and that seemed to be worse.

Then tonight, I left the house with battery at just over 80, went to gym, left the phone on the side untouched, nothing being used at all, and 90 mins later its at 45% and very hot. So I turned it off, left it to cool and then turned back on. All seemed OK then I come back 30 mins later and it's very hot again and down to 19% and not showing 4G data just showing full bars with h+. This is in an area with very good 4G signal.

I get home, phone auto connects to WiFi, I manually turned off mobile data and within 5 mins is running cool and has only dropped 2% in the last 30 mins.

I'm getting quite concerned about the heating up issue with the whole note 7 fiasco in the back of my mind, although I know realistically the chances of my phone catching fire are ridiculously tiny enough to make it almost impossible.
    Mine is also somehow the same. Draining battery is very fast when it gets hot even when I do not use it. Before this phone, I had Asus zen phone 2, it encountered display problem and this one is annoying again.
    Sometimes it goes hot without any reason. Before doing anything, I found out an app is making it warm too, so I deleted it. But this app works on my wife's phone and no problem. I have still this problem.
    If it continues like this, I will send it back.
    11-11-2016 02:16 AM
    After the update Monday that enabled 256 qam my phone is doing this.
    Just noticed my TMO unit doing something stupid at lunch today.
    Tap the wifi icon in the pull down menu and it briefly lights up, then nothing. Go into wifi in settings and its off, then briefly switches to on, then back to off for 3 seconds, continuous loop. I can sometimes get it to actually turn ON if i tap On again while its in the off position.
    THEN if i turn it off it gets stuck again.
    I left lunch thinking my WiFi was off but 10 minutes later when i got to work my phone was hot and lost 10% battery.
    Checked Wifi and its doing the on/off thing again..
    Power cycling fixed the issue.
    Tested it to see if its repeatable and sure enough it is.
    11-11-2016 01:46 PM
    Mine gets warm but not hot. Usually happens when doing heavy tasks like streaming over LTE while doing something else.
    11-11-2016 04:59 PM