Note 7 battery issue...maybe issues with S7 Edge and S7?

OUGrad05

May 24, 2014
Visit site
About a week ago my wife and I decided to put our phone upgrade on hold due to the very high number of battery complaints related to the S7, S7 Edge and Note7. Now to see the Note7 being recalled, it really makes me wonder if the high number of issues on these other phones is actually the same issue? I know several people with S7's and one person with an S7 Edge that have battery issues.

Maybe this is the tip of the iceberg and we're going to get some answers and a fix? Sounds like they've been using poor quality batteries...which frankly I'd believe given the fact every Samsung phone I've owned has either had the battery replaced or the phone replaced for battery life issues.

anon(238680)

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
The S7, Edge and Note 7 all have different batteries. The Note 7 is a totally separate issue. And, if you take the "several" and "one" and compare that to the millions of S7/Edges sold, you really don't have a problem. And, it doesn't matter how good something is, people will still complain about it. And, I've owned multiple Samsung phones and have never had problem one with them.

dobo84

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Dude the S7, and 7 edge have been out for some 6 months no issues. The Note is also using a new Polymer battery. Don't even start with the S8 since production won't ramp till January at the earliest

LordAndroid

Sep 15, 2010
Visit site
The S7 Edge has a 3600 Mah battery the N7 has a 3500 Mah. Not the same. Dont jump over the edge just because other people take things so extreme. (pun totally intended)

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Using since April...battery is awesome..lasts 2 days with...6 to 7 hrs sot...no issues here...
Well samsung doesn't source batteries from one manufacturer...but from multiple...if u notice in China there is no recall...

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
I knew it would only take a second before people started questioning all Samsung phones. They've really got a huge PR problem on their hands.

I've had no problems with my S7 Edge.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Totally separate issues. Now I'm wondering if Samsung should've just left the numbering system and went with the Note 6 instead of Note 7. Just sayin... if you know what I really mean.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Totally separate issues. Now I'm wondering if Samsung should've just left the numbering system and went with the Note 6 instead of Note 7. Just sayin... if you know what I really mean.
Not necessarily.

Several Note users here are having the battery go from 40 to 0.

Thst very well could be an indication of the defective batteries.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
3 people I know with them are having them run warm/hot and battery going dead after just a few hours even with no use.
That could be many things. It is hard to say without knowing what is going on with their phone. If they are running a lot of things in the the background, that could be an issue.

If they have another problem that is causing their phone to run hot, then that will drain battery. Heat is the worst thing for battery life. A bad motherboard will cause a phone to get hot.

If their phone is running hot, it needs to go to Samsung or be exchanged if they don't want to troubleshoot it.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Not necessarily.

Several Note users here are having the battery go from 40 to 0.

Thst very well could be an indication of the defective batteries.

Sorry, I was talking about the S7 Edge not the Note 7. I just threw in that comment about the naming of the Note 7 and probably confused everyone. Lol.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site
Sorry, I was talking about the S7 Edge not the Note 7. I just threw in that comment about the naming of the Note 7 and probably confused everyone. Lol.
No what I was saying is "battery draining" may or may not be the same issue. Dropping from 40 to 0 in seconds would be something many described as draining also.

Draining could be running down to fast or the above issue. I haven't heard of S7's do that sudden drain but have heard of about 5 Notes doing it. That Note draining makes me wonder if that is possibly a sign of one of the bad batteries.

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
No what I was saying is "battery draining" may or may not be the same issue. Dropping from 40 to 0 in seconds would be something many described as draining also.

Draining could be running down to fast or the above issue. I haven't heard of S7's do that sudden drain but have heard of about 5 Notes doing it. That Note draining makes me wonder if that is possibly a sign of one of the bad batteries.

Yeah I haven't heard of any battery issues with the S7 Edge either. I have one and no issues. I know there are a lot of people complaining about battery life on the S7 Edge, but that could be caused by many other reasons. I have the Exynos version of the S7 Edge and they are known to have better battery life than the Snapdragon version.
As for the Note draining issue, it does sound like a potential bad battery and it's best they either exchange the phone or return it.
I just don't want people thinking every Samsung has bad batteries now.

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I haven't heard of any battery issues with the S7 Edge either. I have one and no issues. I know there are a lot of people complaining about battery life on the S7 Edge, but that could be caused by many other reasons. I have the Exynos version of the S7 Edge and they are known to have better battery life than the Snapdragon version.
As for the Note draining issue, it does sound like a potential bad battery and it's best they either exchange the phone or return it.
I just don't want people thinking every Samsung has bad batteries now.

I have had the S7 and S7 Edge since the day they were released with no battery issues.

So I would not assume that all reported battery issues are the same across different devices.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linda6969