S7 Edge unresponsive, doesn't turn on, blue LED is on

winterbalm

May 5, 2016
Visit site
Last week my Galaxy S7 Edge rebooted by itself, during an app update. It wouldn't turn on, so I had to wipe cache partition and it help.
Subsequently reboots happpened several times.

And today it just turned off all of a sudden.
I did a hard "Volume down+ Power" reboot.

After that the screen went black, blue LED indicator is on and kind of oscillating and nothing brings it back to life.
I tried all reboot methods I could find (Vol down+Power, Vol up+Power, Vol down+Home+Power, Vol Up+Vol down+Home+Power), nothing works.

I am at a loss and don't know what to do.

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Oh thats a bummer ...if u have warranty get it sorted my official service centre...

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

winterbalm

May 5, 2016
Visit site
After a while it responded to "Vol down+Power" and went into booting but when it reached Samsung logo horrible crackling noises came out of its speaker, also some purple lines at the bottom of the screen, similar to you know when something is really wrong with a graphics card on your PC.
After that it went black with following messages:
Bootloader exception
[ RST_STAT = 0x1000000 ]
Exception: do_handler_sync: UNKNOWN(esr: 0x2000000)
pc : 0:8f000a00 lr : 0x8f000048 sp : 0x8206ffd0

I kept rebooting and trying to put it in the recovery mode.
After countless attempts I was able to do it and wipe the cache partition, but it didn't help.
During some of the attempts it reached my home screen but died with some distorted lines like before.

Then I decided to at least recover some data and connected it to my PC, and when I tried to put it in download mode it miraculously rebooted successfully.
But when I tried to install an app it shut down again.
Then I was able to reboot it successfully again, backed up everything I could, installed the app and everyhing seems fine now.

I haven't decided what should I do. The options are:
- continue to use it like nothing has happened
- do a factory reset and continue using
- do a factory reset, sell it and buy a new phone (not Samsung)
- try to return it, but now it seems to be OK (not sure if the local service center will ge able to identify the problem, and even if they do, they could say it does not need to be returned, and I hate to leave it with them and some other people touching it)

Last edited:

shadowcoder

Aug 30, 2016
Visit site
After a while it responded to "Vol down+Power" and went into booting but when it reached Samsung logo horrible crackling noises came out of its speaker, also some purple lines at the bottom of the screen, similar to you know when something is really wrong with a graphics card on your PC.
After that it went black with following messages:
Bootloader exception
[ RST_STAT = 0x1000000 ]
Exception: do_handler_sync: UNKNOWN(esr: 0x2000000)
pc : 0:8f000a00 lr : 0x8f000048 sp : 0x8206ffd0

I kept rebooting and trying to put it in the recovery mode.
After countless attempts I was able to do it and wipe the cache partition, but it didn't help.
During some of the attempts it reached my home screen but died with some distorted lines like before.

Then I decided to at least recover some data and connected it to my PC, and when I tried to put it in download mode it miraculously rebooted successfully.
But when I tried to install an app it shut down again.
Then I was able to reboot it successfully again, backed up everything I could, installed the app and everyhing seems fine now.

I haven't decided what should I do. The options are:
- continue to use it like nothing has happened
- do a factory reset and continue using
- do a factory reset, sell it and buy a new phone (not Samsung)
- try to return it, but now it seems to be OK (not sure if the local service center will ge able to identify the problem, and even if they do, they could say it does not need to be returned, and I hate to leave it with them and some other people touching it)

- do a factory reset and continue using. You just encountered a crash that didn't seem to be persistent and hence not related to the hw. I would keep using it until the problem occurs again.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci