recently, i got my s7 edge stolen, i want to know if the person who stole can reset it without my samsung account password?
    09-05-2016 12:51 PM
    Sorry to hear about your phone. No, the can't reset it. Have you tried to find your phone using Samsung Find My Mobile?
    09-05-2016 03:04 PM
    recently, i got my s7 edge stolen, i want to know if the person who stole can reset it without my samsung account password?
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Unfortunately they can reset it. If you can't track it/find it, you should at least put your phone 's IMEI in a blacklist with your country's mobile operators.
    09-05-2016 06:28 PM
    Sorry to hear about your phone. Unfortunately they can reset it. If you can't track it/find it, you should at least put your phone 's IMEI in a blacklist with your country's mobile operators.
    If you had android device manager downloaded you could add a new password, and lock the phone out from being able to reset without that password. In my opinion, Android device manager is one of the best trackers, because it's rooted within android itself
    09-07-2016 08:51 AM
    Samsung Find My Mobile is better Than ADM. ADM only works if wifi is on whereas the Samsung app can be activated using mobile data as well.
    09-07-2016 09:36 AM
    Samsung Find My Mobile is better Than ADM. ADM only works if wifi is on whereas the Samsung app can be activated using mobile data as well.
    Taking the sim card out and doing a factory reset of the phone is likely to defeat both of those options unless you have a reference that it doesn't.
    09-08-2016 04:10 AM
    Here you go Find My Mobile | Apps - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    I take it you don't know about FRP?
    09-08-2016 04:14 AM
    Here you go Find My Mobile | Apps - The Official Samsung Galaxy Site
    I take it you don't know about FRP?
    Where do you see a reference that the perpetrator/thief won't be able to reset/format the phone with any of the solutions you are quoting? Maybe I missed that reference?

Do not confuse usage with the ability to factory reset the phone. That can't be prevented AFAIK but I'd be glad to be proven wrong.
    09-08-2016 04:19 AM
    This is something ADM cant do Set a notification so when someone changes the SIM card on your lost device, you can find out the new number at the Find My Mobile website
    As for resetting a stolen device, don't you understand that this can't be done without knowing details of the original Google account.? Read through many posts on this site eg http://www.androidcentral.com/factor...-you-need-know
    09-08-2016 04:26 AM
    This is something ADM cant do Set a notification so when someone changes the SIM card on your lost device, you can find out the new number at the Find My Mobile website
    As for resetting a stolen device, don't you understand that this can't be done without knowing details of the original Google account.? Read through many posts on this site eg Factory Reset Protection: what you need to know | Android Central
    As I said in my posts, you can't prevent the reset which is what the OP was asking. You can reset the phone but you won't be able to use it afterwards or initialize it. Here's a reference for you: https://support.google.com/nexus/answer/6172890?hl=en and feel free to argue the semantics of english but I won't participate further :-)
    09-08-2016 04:49 AM
    You are incorrect Secure the Galaxy S6 active with Reactivation Lock
    Now run along and take your toys with you.
    09-08-2016 04:59 AM
    You are incorrect Secure the Galaxy S6 active with Reactivation Lock
    Now run along and take your toys with you.
    It's entertaining to see that you are mixing up the s6 into the discussion when we are talking about the s7. Samsung has removed the reactivation lock feature on the s7.
    Don't take my word for it - contact Samsung's customer support or post the question on support.google.com and you'll get the answer from the horse's mouth. The reset will happen and hence data will be protected. Reactivation and initialization won't.
    09-08-2016 05:38 AM
    You are perfectly correct, I stand corrected! I am glad I entertained you
    09-08-2016 05:43 AM