I have just cleaned my cache partition on my S7 Edge as I hadn't done so for a while.

Is it usual that it takes a while for the phone to settle, similar to how it would from a fresh install or full reset? I ask as the Android System % has been equal or even slightly higher than screen time over the past few days (I cleared the cache partition 3 times because of this). Logically it makes sense I guess, but I don't actually know, but if anyone can help or advise further, it would be appreciated.

If it is so, I'll just leave it for a day or two, but if not, it may be another underlying issue that I'd have to look for.
    09-07-2016 12:47 PM
    Yes, it takes a while. Various caches need to rebuilt. Give it a day.
    Stwutter likes this.
    09-07-2016 12:53 PM
    Yes, it takes a while. Various caches need to rebuilt. Give it a day.
    Ok, cheers. I'll leave it be for now and see.
    09-07-2016 01:12 PM
    Also clearing the cache isn't necessary unless there is a problem you are having. If I have an update, I do clear the cache and only if I have had a problem I'm trying to correct.
    Stwutter likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:15 PM
    Also clearing the cache isn't necessary unless there is a problem you are having. If I have an update, I do clear the cache and only if I have had a problem I'm trying to correct.
    Do you mean the partition, cache that you find under storage settings, or both?
    09-07-2016 01:21 PM
    Actually both, but particularly the partition cache wipe. I only wipe the cache of an individual app if I am having a problem with that specific app.

When you wipe the cache (both) they are going to rebuild. Unless you are having a issue, wiping caches really don't accomplish anything.
    Stwutter likes this.
    09-07-2016 01:29 PM