I got my S7E from Tmobile, however later on I moved to Canada, unlocked my phone (S7E I got and paid off from Tmobile) , and started using Bell as my carrier (using bring your own device plan).

So now my question is, do I need to still wait for tmobile to release updates to be able to get them, or now that the phone is unlocked can I get it when Samsung releases to their unlocked phones, or am I in the mercy of Bell?
    09-08-2016 12:33 AM
    I got my S7E from Tmobile, however later on I moved to Canada, unlocked my phone (S7E I got and paid off from Tmobile) , and started using Bell as my carrier (using bring your own device plan).

So now my question is, do I need to still wait for tmobile to release updates to be able to get them, or now that the phone is unlocked can I get it when Samsung releases to their unlocked phones, or am I in the mercy of Bell?
    The update depends on carrier if you GOT it from carrier, so in this case since it's a T-Mobile device. Your updates are dependant on T-Mobile
    If it had been a factory unlocked device, you will receive the OTA (Over the Air) updates from Samsung itself.

Hope that helps. PS. BELL SUCKS! Go to any other Carrier
    09-08-2016 02:14 AM
    Also, some carrier locked devices will only update if they have the original carrier's sim installed.
    09-08-2016 02:31 AM
    The update depends on carrier if you GOT it from carrier, so in this case since it's a T-Mobile device. Your updates are dependant on T-Mobile
    If it had been a factory unlocked device, you will receive the OTA (Over the Air) updates from Samsung itself.

Hope that helps. PS. BELL SUCKS! Go to any other Carrier
    Thank you, this helps.

Why do you think Bell sucks? I heard they had the fastest network, and good coverage, that's why I went with them. The prices in Canada are just insane compared to US. I couldn't find anything near what I had with tmobile before
    09-08-2016 10:09 AM
    Thank you, this helps.

Why do you think Bell sucks? I heard they had the fastest network, and good coverage, that's why I went with them. The prices in Canada are just insane compared to US. I couldn't find anything near what I had with tmobile before
    Agreed the prices are nuts. And what sucks is the big 3 Bell, Rogers and Telus all make sure they are just about the same as one another. Canada is one of the most expensive Mobile rate plans in the world.
    Bell does have the fastest service and best coverage. Yes. BUT they by far have the worst customer service out there.
    It's kind of like people bragging how great their car insurance company is cause it's so cheap, but then you get in an accident and have to put in a claim and find out why they are so cheap.
    I am with Telus, GREAT customer service, I would say the best out of the big 3. But their plans suck, some say they are for retired seniors ha ha ha. I mean for example. Bell and Rogers offer NATIONWIDE calling included in pretty much all their plans. Telus you have to add it on.
    I have kept telling myself I want to switch, but my coverage is good and customer service is bar none. I guess you would have to have that BAD TASTE before you see what I mean. If you never have a problem, then you will be happy with Bell, the moment you have to deal with them for an issue, you will pull your hair out and want to throw your phone through the head office window. Which I am pretty sure is somewhere in India now
    Mirest likes this.
    09-08-2016 10:25 PM