Charging and Cooling

Snewz

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
NOTICE: This is a legitimate question as I am concerned.
When charging my s7 edge with fast charging, it always gets got even without a case and sitting completely in the open thus getting ventilation.
My question is whether or not it is okay to, while fast charging or when it starts to get hot, put it in a fridge to cool down. This would be putting the hot phone to cool fast in a fridge. I just want to know if it's safe.

Also a quick side question, the port for charging my phone [the port on the phone itself] is always able to be wiggled while it's plugged in. With past phones the charging port while the cord was plugged in was always stiff and I'm wondering if the s7 edge's charging port should be able to be wiggled or stiff.
Quick clarification, I mean the cord while plugged into the port is wiggly and the port that you plug into is right and proper stiff as it should be. It's not like that's broken.

Thanks for all the help and kudos is you read this far!

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
If it's getting hot, just don't use the fast charging. Since the fast charging only works until 60%, if you're charging close to that it won't make much of a difference. In my experience, charging from 20% to a 100 is up to 30min faster on fast charging, but when charging by from between 40-50% to full, it's only 15min faster, so no big deal for me since I usually charge before battery hits 40%.

The cord isn't something I'd worry about if it's working properly.

PJesse

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
I won't put it in the fridge. It's made of glass. It may get more brittle with too rapid cooling after getting hot.
I agree, you also have to remember that when you pull it out of the fridge, water vapor in the air will condense, and because water molecules are smaller than air molecules, water could condense on your phones internals, and fry your phone. So much for good intentions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seniorengineerdood