Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
How do i turn this off? I swear its something new every day

5ee464cf17e9c9d593ca1d9d48402f71.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

tracypagedotnet

Apr 10, 2016
Visit site
This makes me sad....the Note 4 was the best phone i ever had. 6 months with the S7 edge and i doubt ill ever buy another samsung product again.

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
No you aren't. There are some who were unhappy with the speaker and thus migrated to the HTC 10 with its dual speaker setup. There were others who preferred a different approach to the camera, and went LG G5 or HTC 10. And of course there will be former Apple users who tried it out but ultimately will probably leave for the iPhone 7 because of familiarity. There are also those who didn't like the Edge screen and went back and got the smaller S7. Hate is a strong word though.

donkiluminate

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
For me I wouldn't say I hate my S7E. It's a nice piece of kit. But I do dislike to hate Android depending on the day. Give me an S7E with WM10 and wifi calling and I'd be a happy camper. I don't think that's too much to ask for, right?

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I'm very happy with my S7 EDGE. Samsung managed to put a 5.5" screen in the most compact and light weight phone out there. Beautiful design, excellent build quality, amazing battery life, best display, WiFi calling rocks, and many more. Sure I would have preferred front facing speakers but the speakers are loud enough for my needs. The S7E is not a perfect phone. There's no such thing. If you truly hate the S7E then get another phone. There are lots of phones to choose from.

sybarite89

Sep 11, 2016
Visit site
I'm starting to dislike Samsung myself after being a loyal customer for many years.

Yesterday my screen shattered.
(First time I ever broke a screen)

When I called my insurance company to file a claim to get a new phone they told me they had no s7e in stock because Samsung is so busy trying to replace all the Note7s.

Way to go Samsung.

My husband can't use his Note7 and has no idea when he can get his replacement.

I can't use my insurance because Samsung can't keep them in stock.
No idea when I can get a new phone.

Samsung says I can send it in to fix it but because it's not a warranty issue I'll have to pay for repairs.
And wait 11 business days.

Guess I'll just have to pony up the activation fees to switch back to my note 3....and again when I finally get notice from Assurion they have s7e in stock again.

Not a happy camper...lol

End rant.

misstrikcy

Sep 24, 2016
Visit site
Well that is encouraging....am i really thr only person not happy with the s7e??

No, I can't stand it either. Wish I'd never upgraded.
Cannot stop the wi-fi from constantly scanning for networks (despite following all suggested methods to stop it). I do not have 'advanced settings' in any of my menus, and am permanently having to use mobile data/Bluetooth to connect to the Internet.

Also, cannot stop google from saving my searches, even though I've switched off every button in the ' control/delete your activity.
Yes, you can say it's a google thing, not my phone, but I didn't, and don't have these issues on my S4.
The S7 edge is dreadful. Just want to go back to my S4.

Last edited by a moderator:

JOC2016

Aug 22, 2016
Visit site
As an older user who is not into social media and who really only ever had a phone for emergencies I am almost embarrassed to say that I am positively addicted to my S7 Edge Duo sim phone. It is a thing of beauty, the screen is better than I could have ever imagined was possible on a phone, I've got a rather great modern TV and its as good if not better, I only need to carry one phone now and not two, and it is probably the best gadget I've ever owned. I just wish I could find more to do on it. My previous phones were traditional old style Nokias, then an E63 and a Samsung S3. I really feel like I might have moved into the 21st Century and my kids are no longer embarrassed if I use my phone in public. Its a purchase that I am considerably more addicted to than I ever thought would be the case - I just love a chance to revel in the quality of the screen, and the edge is so useful.

PeterKelly

May 11, 2016
Visit site
The ability to 'get on' with a phone is a curious thing and very difficult to quantify or predict.

I loved my first and second Blackberries, but the screens were too small as my eyes get older, so got a Note2. It had many good things, but too many infuriating limitations, which not even rooting and modifying could address (the screen in sunlight perhaps the worst, though).

Then I went for an LG G2, which was excellent with just a few options missing, but it was a little s...l...o...w sometimes. As the battery faded I went back to a Blackberry, as Iiked the look of the Passport.

That was excellent, if a little awkward at certain times, but the camera was dreadful and the lack of available apps proved too much.

So I now have the S7E and like it a lot. It is easy to use, has all the tools I need, and lasts a long time. There's always a learning curve, but I found this one quite easy, perhaps because Samsung are limiting the bloat.

glenninduluth

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Came from a long line of Note's to the S7 Edge two weeks ago (Note 7 replacement and decided to stay with it) and I have to say it's been the best phone I've ever had. Battery life is incredible, no freezing or rebooting, fast, amazing screen, and so on. Seriously, no complaints!

ShinyTop

Jun 5, 2010
Visit site
My silver S7E is the best looking phone I have owned and feels the best in the hand. But after using nothing but phones with on screen buttons I find I cannot stand the physical home button. And some apps have choices in app that use a menu that is not accessible on the S7E. And then add the constant install of Samsung apps I never use and I have relegated it to occasional use. The MotoZ Force with moto mod battery has replaced it.

ThrottleJohnny

Trusted Member
Apr 1, 2014
Visit site
Of course, every phone has its weaknesses, and the S7 Edge is no different.

If Samsung must bring us Edge screens, I'm hoping they continue to refine them which each new model.

ToddK

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
FWIW, I -LOVE- my gs7e...
..don't even own a computer anymore, this handset does it all. :)

My first cell phone was a moto bag phone in 1990... :).

Light years better than the Note 4 it replaced ...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze