I hate the Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge

sulla1965

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Best phone I've ever owned. Build quality is amazing, I always get comments asking about it when people see mine of the first time. The silver version is sleek and futuristic looking. Unlike the slabs we see on so many normal phones. Battery life is great and so is the camera.

scolab

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
I came over to the S7E from my trusty Windows Phone, Lumia Icon. I love everything about the S7E. Coming from the Windows Phone, I am having a blast trying out all the countless apps available through the Play Store. I also love having my S7E synced with my Asus Zen Watch 2. With all the notifications now received on my watch, I rarely have to look at my phone unless I intend on doing something with one of those notifications. And I've found the camera on the S7E far surpassed the Icon in imagery and functionality. Soooooo much faster between photos!

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
I traded my Note 7 in for the S7 Edge and just decided to stick with it. Only thing is I wish it had more GBs

April Manter

Mar 1, 2017
Visit site
i hate it also. The latest update which i did no want and had ni choice about wrecked my favorite app. I hate this POS and that it acts judt like a Windows product that hudt hijacks your phone. Going back to an iPhone ASAP

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Had the S7E for 6 months. only thing that bothered me was the curved edge.
The Otterbox is a good case to keep you from hitting the edge of the curved screen

Best Buy has the Samsung people there to help you learn how to use your phone , sign up for free classes.
Or they can help you with your phone problems.

My Wife is using the S7E presently and its a Dang good phone.
And NO she does not get on Facebook or social media sites.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i hate it also. The latest update which i did no want and had ni choice about wrecked my favorite app. I hate this POS and that it acts judt like a Windows product that hudt hijacks your phone. Going back to an iPhone ASAP

Enjoy your iPhone :).

Nodnerb

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site

Makes sense that you signed up for the an android forum, even uploaded a picture, just to say you are leaving. lol See ya troll.

Last edited:

magichoward

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't like the edge only because it's impossible to buy a glass protection that fits with a case. The phone itself is good. But I've always had Samsung notes before

LineKill

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
Wow, some pretty strong words for people to describe how they feel about their phone. From what I am hearing it seems to be more of a user error situation rather than the phone itself. Especially so since Nougat has been released.

sparksd

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site

Just keep in mind that iOS updates also cause issues:

https://forums.macrumors.com/forums/ios-10.194/

I really like my iPad Air 2 but iOS 10 was painful at first and I still get compatibility warning popups when opening some apps.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Great ambassador, how about some help? I've contacted AT&T and an app developer and they can't fix the issue.

You didn't ask for help -- you said you were going back to your iPhone ASAP so I said to enjoy the iPhone. You seemed frustrated and didn't seem to want to deal with it and really didn't ask a question.

BoiseDave

Jun 24, 2017
Visit site
The phone is fine. But the "edge" feature is misguided. Reasons:

1. User can't hold the phone without touching the screen which causes screen navigation problems.
2. The curve edge of the screen is not responsive for the times that you actually want to touch there.
3. Tempered glass screen protectors can't be used due to the curve.
4. The phone is extremely slippery. It can't be emphasized enough how annoying this is. It even falls out of my pocket!

I will NEVER own another curved screen phone.

cardboard60

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
Which case you buy on a S7E, really determined how her hands are kept away from the screen.
Samsung learned from the S7E and didn't make a screen as curved
On the S8

Otterbox defender case would really help you.

segujer

Oct 2, 2015
Visit site
Simply disable, the crap...
annoying very annoying pre-installed social apps including both WhatsApp and Facebook its wrong becoz of the money deals they sign to preload these apps assuming everyone will use them.

i turn to chrome for Facebook browsing

Attachments

• 56580.jpg
    56580.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 22