09-16-2016 10:43 AM
59 123
tools
    Agreed. I'm over the Note 7 at this point. I have the Edge 7 now after returning the Note and I'll just keep it until the S8 comes out.
    Same here. After going back and forth the note isn't worth the hassle and not much of an upgrade. Just a few differentiating factors.
    09-10-2016 10:02 PM
    I exchanged my Note 7 for S7E today as well, in Canada so I also went from SD820 to Exynos 8890 and like DX9 said even only half day in battery has been really good, I don't feel like it's draining in front of my eyes.

Some interface things were better on Note 7 but if it comes to this phone eventually that's good.

Not to see my Note 7 cases lol
    09-10-2016 10:34 PM
    Made the jump tonight as well. Like a few have said, I miss Grace UX but other than that I'm good with the exchange.
    09-11-2016 12:58 AM
    It's basicly the same phone with a smaller screen, without the the usb Type-C and without S-pen.
    So the why i would think of that it's like this,
    How much smaller screen in 0.2" will matter to me? (not much)
    How much the missing of the USB Type-C will affect my usability of the phone? (not much either)
    How much the missing of the S-pen will limit me in the way i use the phone? (for the answer for that is a lot)

therefore i wouldn't replace it...
    09-11-2016 09:46 AM
    A coworker has an S7E and it looks very much like my Note 7, But I notice a lot of lag on my Note 7 and was wondering if the S7 is plagued with lag also? Sometimes when I'm in an app and press the home button it can take 10 seconds to return to the home screen. Ugh.

I'm not a huge stylus person so I won't miss the stylus much.

Also, here are some of the features I like about the Note 7 and was wondering if the S7E has any of them...
    • Wireless charging is a must.
      Little or no lag.
      I like the "always on" display. Does the S7E have that?
      Waterproof. Nice to have but not a deal breaker.
    If you don't need the s pen then get s7e. If you need it then note7... Other than that it's practically the same... Except for the usb c...
    scorpiodsu likes this.
    09-11-2016 10:00 AM
    Settings - Applications - Default Applications - Default App Selection.

The setting has only appeared very recently on the S7E, so if you don't have it yet you can expect it in an update soon.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2j2u55h.png
    Thanks. Working fine now.
    09-11-2016 12:40 PM
    I had also returned my Note 7 yesterday and exchanged with an S7E. The thinking was I can return the S7E when the new Note 7 is back in stock. Now that I've had the S7E for a day, I don't think I'd be returning it. This is just as good as the Note 7 and I don't really use the stylus so nothing lost there.
    I am using until Note7 replacements available. I got last night. It's OK. No complaints except I do use stylus. I have had all notes except the 5. I will get replacement Note 7. Like all it does. Edge is decent but not for me permanently
    09-11-2016 01:59 PM
    I've had the S7E since Friday. For some odd reason the bluetooth shuts off for no good reason about 3-5 times per day. Plays havoc with my Moto 360 watch. Anybody else having this issue?
    09-12-2016 10:31 AM
    Does the s7e have adoptable storage option using SD card?
    jordans0nly likes this.
    09-12-2016 06:27 PM
    I made the switch from the Note 7 to the S7 Edge. From my perspective, the size (overall and screen) is the same. The performance is the same. I am seeing much better battery life from the S7 Edge. I wish the S7 edge had USB C and a stylus, but in practical terms, I didn't use the stylus much and while USB C is better conceptually, in practical terms, no different to me.
    09-12-2016 07:42 PM
    Does the s7e have adoptable storage option using SD card?
    Samsung disabled it. You can enable it via ADB though, no root needed. Samsung just removed the switch in the UI.
    09-13-2016 03:26 AM
    I exchanged my note 7 yesterday for an s7e and this thing is pretty solid... Do miss the grace UX though... Can we get the promo with this phone too even if we got the note 7 promo? The receipt Verizon gave me for this exchange doesn't have my name on it
    09-13-2016 10:12 AM
    I exchanged my note 7 yesterday for an s7e and this thing is pretty solid... Do miss the grace UX though... Can we get the promo with this phone too even if we got the note 7 promo? The receipt Verizon gave me for this exchange doesn't have my name on it
    I exchangedo for the S7edge yesterday and immediately applied for the gear VR promo using the exchange receipt from Verizon...
    My gift was approved when I woke up this morning
    jordans0nly likes this.
    09-13-2016 10:24 AM
    I exchangedo for the S7edge yesterday and immediately applied for the gear VR promo using the exchange receipt from Verizon...
    My gift was approved when I woke up this morning
    Really.... Did your receipt have your name on it... All I have is the exchange receipt as well but with no name an stuff
    09-13-2016 10:28 AM
    My whole started when I sold my iPhone 6S Plus 64 GB for $850. I then picked up the Note 7 and had money left over. After the recall stuff I went and got the S7 Edge for only $149 at Rogers after my old device trade in. I now just picked up a mint condition 3 month old Gear S2 Classic for $200 with receipt and all. Thing looks brand new in the box. Guy moved to iPhone for work purposes

So after buying the S7 Edge which has been amazing and getting the Gear S2 and paying $100 early upgrade fee on my line I'm still up $380 after selling the iPhone. Been a good last few days. The Gear S2 is so much better than the Apple Watch. I'll have to sell that in a little bit 😊
    dm3ready likes this.
    09-13-2016 04:23 PM
    Really.... Did your receipt have your name on it... All I have is the exchange receipt as well but with no name an stuff
    I used the exchange receipt, that's the only thing Verizon gave me.... My name is no where on but that's not what there looking for anyway.... they're looking for the qualifying device and the purchase date...
    09-13-2016 04:38 PM
    I used the exchange receipt, that's the only thing Verizon gave me.... My name is no where on but that's not what there looking for anyway.... they're looking for the qualifying device and the purchase date...
    Alright cool thanks... I'll submit mine an see what they say I guess
    09-13-2016 08:46 PM
    Alright cool thanks... I'll submit mine an see what they say I guess
    It will be approved... it's a legitimate purchase... The Note 7 was refunded and the S7edge was purchased... The fact that we're able to do the same refund and purchase again when the new Notes arrive doesn't matter..
    We'll more than likely qualify for another Note 7 promo too because the IMEI will be different than our first
    09-13-2016 09:15 PM
    Agreed. I'm over the Note 7 at this point. I have the Edge 7 now after returning the Note and I'll just keep it until the S8 comes out.
    You're on Tmobile right? I wonder if the stores are running low on stock. So you think the Edge runs smoother too than the Note? I wonder how the Edge compares to the Iphone 7 plus.

I'm nearly ready to pull the trigger on the Edge, but again knowing my luck this Fri they will release the Note 7, then I'd have to return the Edge and get charged a restocking fee.

The Note is just too great of a phone. the problem with me is I buy the Edge, then in March the S8 Edge comes out. Then I trade for that, and then in Aug the Note 8 comes out and I need that then too. Right now I'm on my S7 I kept as a backup phone.

All the Best Buys are out of the Defender case for it within 250 miles of me, however Amazon has them back in and 36 bucks!! I hear the screen protector is very brutal on it though.
    09-13-2016 11:13 PM
    I upgraded from an S7E to the Note 7 for one important reason: memory. The S7E has 32gb, the Note 7 has 64gb. By the time I load up apps and Oculus Gear VR stuff, my S7E was getting very low on free space. The SD card is an incomplete solution - many apps can't be moved off primary storage.

I find the Note 7 and S7E to be nearly identical in terms of use and convenience. There are a few niceties on the Note 7 but nothing I can't live without (except the extra memory.)

TMo is shipping me a loaner S7E until the new Note 7's become available at which point I'll swap (again). I'm getting to be an expert at migrating my apps, settings, and data from one device to the other
    09-15-2016 08:30 AM
    I'm getting to be an expert at migrating my apps, settings, and data from one device to the other
    Should be easier now with proper backups using SmartSwitch and/or Samsung Cloud.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    09-15-2016 09:05 AM
    I upgraded from an S7E to the Note 7 for one important reason: memory. The S7E has 32gb, the Note 7 has 64gb. By the time I load up apps and Oculus Gear VR stuff, my S7E was getting very low on free space. The SD card is an incomplete solution - many apps can't be moved off primary storage.

I find the Note 7 and S7E to be nearly identical in terms of use and convenience. There are a few niceties on the Note 7 but nothing I can't live without (except the extra memory.)

TMo is shipping me a loaner S7E until the new Note 7's become available at which point I'll swap (again). I'm getting to be an expert at migrating my apps, settings, and data from one device to the other
    That's my main justification for upgrading as well. The VR stuff can't be transferred to the SD card and I need 64gb of space.
    09-15-2016 04:07 PM
    That's my main justification for upgrading as well. The VR stuff can't be transferred to the SD card and I need 64gb of space.
    Serious questions: why is the battery life on the s7e so much better than the n7. It's note even close. Battery is epic. Also zero lag compared to n7.
    09-15-2016 08:12 PM
    Serious questions: why is the battery life on the s7e so much better than the n7. It's note even close. Battery is epic. Also zero lag compared to n7.
    Note has Spen if you use it a lot, bigger screen as well. I agree about the lag after using the S7 edge more now. The Note 5 defiantly has lag to it. Nowhere near as smooth as my S7 or S7 Edge I'm on now.

Note 7 is still a very beefy device though. It's too bad this years version is now tainted, and need to focus on the S8 Edge and Note 8. About the lag, and QC I think they tried rushing it so fast even though last year it came out at the same time. I think they tried adding more features to it this time and make it beefier.

If it means the Note 8 coming out later in Sept or Oct next year so be it then if it means better QC.

If I was a Note 7 user I'd be worried Samsung doesn't bother updating it much since sales will be in the tank now.
    09-15-2016 08:16 PM
    So I just returned my Note 7 tonight and I'm back to my S7E so we'll see how it goes but I honestly got way better battery out of my Note 7 than my S7 edge. It pretty much lasted all day whereas I was charging my edge by the middle of the day. It was part of the reason I held onto my Note for so long. I factory reset the edge so we'll see if I have the same experience as you. I loved the new battery saving mode on the Note.
    09-15-2016 08:20 PM
59 123