09-16-2016 10:43 AM
59 123
tools
    A coworker has an S7E and it looks very much like my Note 7, But I notice a lot of lag on my Note 7 and was wondering if the S7 is plagued with lag also? Sometimes when I'm in an app and press the home button it can take 10 seconds to return to the home screen. Ugh.

I'm not a huge stylus person so I won't miss the stylus much.

Also, here are some of the features I like about the Note 7 and was wondering if the S7E has any of them...
    • Wireless charging is a must.
      Little or no lag.
      I like the "always on" display. Does the S7E have that?
      Waterproof. Nice to have but not a deal breaker.
    Sounds like you need to wipe your note ( well you'll get a replacement so might as well wait) I never had any real lag, a couple hiccups here and there but mostly smooth sailing. However I've had a s7 edge for 2 days and I must say it so far runs slightly smoother (more fluid and quick) then my note 7 did. I'm on the fence about going back to the Note 7. Both devices are excellent.
    jordans0nly likes this.
    09-15-2016 08:21 PM
    Those differences don't explain it. I never use spen. Bigger screen can't matter that much. When is say it's not close I'm not kidding. I'm crushing my s7 all day with room to spare at night. The n7 after two weeks was bad. Most days down to zero before bed. Something is very wrong with the software implementation. The lag is real as well but I could live with that I suppose. I love the next best thing but something tells me I should be smart and skip the n7 the second time around. I probably won't though.
    09-15-2016 08:22 PM
    Those differences don't explain it. I never use spen. Bigger screen can't matter that much. When is say it's not close I'm not kidding. I'm crushing my s7 all day with room to spare at night. The n7 after two weeks was bad. Most days down to zero before bed. Something is very wrong with the software implementation. The lag is real as well but I could live with that I suppose. I love the next best thing but something tells me I should be smart and skip the n7 the second time around. I probably won't though.
    Just wait in a month or so when it goes on sale if Samsung slashes $100 or more off the price with Christmas coming up and with Iphone out. People's heads are going to explode on the Note 7 forum who did the even exchange swap for a new Note 7 and new buyers get it for $$$$ cheaper. Gonna be a lot of angry people lol.
    09-15-2016 09:02 PM
    Settings - Applications - Default Applications - Default App Selection.

The setting has only appeared very recently on the S7E, so if you don't have it yet you can expect it in an update soon.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2j2u55h.png
    thx been looking for this
    09-15-2016 09:23 PM
    So I just returned my Note 7 tonight and I'm back to my S7E so we'll see how it goes but I honestly got way better battery out of my Note 7 than my S7 edge. It pretty much lasted all day whereas I was charging my edge by the middle of the day. It was part of the reason I held onto my Note for so long. I factory reset the edge so we'll see if I have the same experience as you. I loved the new battery saving mode on the Note.
    For most people its the other way round...my S7 edge battery last nearly 2 days with 6 hrs Sot...thou i have exynos version...
    One of the best phones i ever used
    09-16-2016 04:22 AM
    I have the Exynos 8890 version here in Canada. Getting anywhere from 6-7 hrs every single charge. Would maybe get 4-4.5 hrs max on my Note 7. Same usage pattern
    09-16-2016 04:28 AM
    Maybe I'll have the same luck as yall this time around. Right now, I'm missing my Note.
    09-16-2016 07:59 AM
    Fine with S7 Edge. The new hype does draw me abit but im trying my best to hold on S7 Edge. ~.~
    09-16-2016 08:05 AM
    I actually had an opposite experience. Week 1 I was getting around 4hrs 30min sot and a little lag here and there but by week 2 my note 7 was getting almost 6hrs sot and very rarely got lag. Nevertheless this s7 edge i have now is also amazing. 0 lag and over 5hrs sot week 1.
    09-16-2016 10:43 AM
59 123