Thinking about a S7E as a replacement for my Note 7. Should I?

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Yeah I'm very happy with it. Seems even faster than the Note 7. Don't know if it's due to the 8890 CPU instead of the Snapdragon 820. Getting very good battery life on my first charge as well. Same camera and all. It's just no spen, Iris scanner which I hardly used and the Settings Inteface is different. Thing has been a beast all day today
Yeah just got done checking it out at best buy.

Some UI quirks will take getting used to (camera and notification/settings mostly) but I'm hoping GraceUX makes it to the edge eventually. I've already been spoiled by it with the short time I spent using the Note 7.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
Grace ux is the one thing I really miss about the note. Other than that I'm totally okay with the S7 Edge and I'm just gonna rock this until the S8 comes out

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Yeah just got done checking it out at best buy.

Some UI quirks will take getting used to (camera and notification/settings mostly) but I'm hoping GraceUX makes it to the edge eventually. I've already been spoiled by it with the short time I spent using the Note 7.

Don't worry about that. The grace UX theme was up in the store a while ago. It was taken down but will be up again.

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I had also returned my Note 7 yesterday and exchanged with an S7E. The thinking was I can return the S7E when the new Note 7 is back in stock. Now that I've had the S7E for a day, I don't think I'd be returning it. This is just as good as the Note 7 and I don't really use the stylus so nothing lost there.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I had also returned my Note 7 yesterday and exchanged with an S7E. The thinking was I can return the S7E when the new Note 7 is back in stock. Now that I've had the S7E for a day, I don't think I'd be returning it. This is just as good as the Note 7 and I don't really use the stylus so nothing lost there.
Agreed. I'm over the Note 7 at this point. I have the Edge 7 now after returning the Note and I'll just keep it until the S8 comes out.

JeromeM

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 7 for S7E today as well, in Canada so I also went from SD820 to Exynos 8890 and like DX9 said even only half day in battery has been really good, I don't feel like it's draining in front of my eyes.

Some interface things were better on Note 7 but if it comes to this phone eventually that's good.

Not to see my Note 7 cases lol

drusum

Apr 10, 2015
Visit site
Made the jump tonight as well. Like a few have said, I miss Grace UX but other than that I'm good with the exchange.

avivzan

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
It's basicly the same phone with a smaller screen, without the the usb Type-C and without S-pen.
So the why i would think of that it's like this,
How much smaller screen in 0.2" will matter to me? (not much)
How much the missing of the USB Type-C will affect my usability of the phone? (not much either)
How much the missing of the S-pen will limit me in the way i use the phone? (for the answer for that is a lot)

therefore i wouldn't replace it...

IMBA666666

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site
A coworker has an S7E and it looks very much like my Note 7, But I notice a lot of lag on my Note 7 and was wondering if the S7 is plagued with lag also? Sometimes when I'm in an app and press the home button it can take 10 seconds to return to the home screen. Ugh.

I'm not a huge stylus person so I won't miss the stylus much.

Also, here are some of the features I like about the Note 7 and was wondering if the S7E has any of them...

• Wireless charging is a must.
    Little or no lag.
    I like the "always on" display. Does the S7E have that?
    Waterproof. Nice to have but not a deal breaker.

If you don't need the s pen then get s7e. If you need it then note7... Other than that it's practically the same... Except for the usb c...

Jude526

Trusted Member
Dec 13, 2010
Visit site

I am using until Note7 replacements available. I got last night. It's OK. No complaints except I do use stylus. I have had all notes except the 5. I will get replacement Note 7. Like all it does. Edge is decent but not for me permanently

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
I've had the S7E since Friday. For some odd reason the bluetooth shuts off for no good reason about 3-5 times per day. Plays havoc with my Moto 360 watch. Anybody else having this issue?

michnow

Sep 9, 2016
Visit site
I made the switch from the Note 7 to the S7 Edge. From my perspective, the size (overall and screen) is the same. The performance is the same. I am seeing much better battery life from the S7 Edge. I wish the S7 edge had USB C and a stylus, but in practical terms, I didn't use the stylus much and while USB C is better conceptually, in practical terms, no different to me.

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I exchanged my note 7 yesterday for an s7e and this thing is pretty solid... Do miss the grace UX though... Can we get the promo with this phone too even if we got the note 7 promo? The receipt Verizon gave me for this exchange doesn't have my name on it

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
I exchanged my note 7 yesterday for an s7e and this thing is pretty solid... Do miss the grace UX though... Can we get the promo with this phone too even if we got the note 7 promo? The receipt Verizon gave me for this exchange doesn't have my name on it
I exchangedo for the S7edge yesterday and immediately applied for the gear VR promo using the exchange receipt from Verizon...
My gift was approved when I woke up this morning

Harry Dunn

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I exchangedo for the S7edge yesterday and immediately applied for the gear VR promo using the exchange receipt from Verizon...
My gift was approved when I woke up this morning

Really.... Did your receipt have your name on it... All I have is the exchange receipt as well but with no name an stuff

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
My whole started when I sold my iPhone 6S Plus 64 GB for $850. I then picked up the Note 7 and had money left over. After the recall stuff I went and got the S7 Edge for only $149 at Rogers after my old device trade in. I now just picked up a mint condition 3 month old Gear S2 Classic for $200 with receipt and all. Thing looks brand new in the box. Guy moved to iPhone for work purposes

So after buying the S7 Edge which has been amazing and getting the Gear S2 and paying $100 early upgrade fee on my line I'm still up $380 after selling the iPhone. Been a good last few days. The Gear S2 is so much better than the Apple Watch. I'll have to sell that in a little bit 😊