Thinking about a S7E as a replacement for my Note 7. Should I?

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
A coworker has an S7E and it looks very much like my Note 7, But I notice a lot of lag on my Note 7 and was wondering if the S7 is plagued with lag also? Sometimes when I'm in an app and press the home button it can take 10 seconds to return to the home screen. Ugh.

I'm not a huge stylus person so I won't miss the stylus much.

Also, here are some of the features I like about the Note 7 and was wondering if the S7E has any of them...

• Wireless charging is a must.
    Little or no lag.
    I like the "always on" display. Does the S7E have that?
    Waterproof. Nice to have but not a deal breaker.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Wow, I definitely don't see that kind of lag on mine. 10 seconds? I'd have exchanged that phone after the first occurrence. On that note (no pun intended), my device has been pretty snappy, and so was my S7 Edge before I upgraded.

It is basically the same as the Note (slightly smaller screen, less storage, sans-S-Pen, barely thinner and lighter), and I didn't notice any lag when I had it and up to when I traded it in. It has all the items in your wishlist. BUT if you see yourself using the S-Pen a lot, you won't beat the Note (that's the main reason I went form the S7E to the Note because I missed the S-Pen dearly... TMo's JOD helped, too haha).

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the quick replies. One more requirement. Samsung Pay. I use this a LOT. But I'm assuming that it works fine on the S7E, eh?

Anzorian

Oct 3, 2012
Visit site
A coworker has an S7E and it looks very much like my Note 7, But I notice a lot of lag on my Note 7 and was wondering if the S7 is plagued with lag also? Sometimes when I'm in an app and press the home button it can take 10 seconds to return to the home screen. Ugh.

I'm not a huge stylus person so I won't miss the stylus much.

Also, here are some of the features I like about the Note 7 and was wondering if the S7E has any of them...

• Wireless charging is a must.
    Little or no lag.
    I like the "always on" display. Does the S7E have that?
    Waterproof. Nice to have but not a deal breaker.

I just returned my Note7 due to the recall and got a S7E and wow this thing is fast. I may end up keeping this phone. Has everything I need but I miss the S-Pen.

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
As posted above, there is a promo from Samsung. Also, if you buy from Sam's club or Best Buy (on At&T, not sure what the other carriers are offering)you will receive a $150 card for the respective store. Not too bad...

jeetu4444

Trusted Member
Sep 3, 2014
Visit site
Using S7 edge since april and totally love it...its soo fast and awesome battery life...
I have most people switching to S7 edge after returning note 7...
If u not a fan of s pen then S7 Edge is awesome

Posted via Limited Edition Lumia 950 with Mozo Case or Beautiful Gold S7 Edge or Surface pro 4 or Lumia 1020 or motoe or iphone 5s

danielbroadwell5

Dec 27, 2015
Visit site
I have the U.S. verison of the S7E. And it's a pretty good phone. I've tried the iphone 6 and 6s and this phone tops both of them. I had the note 5 before and it was decent. I'd say this s7e and my note 3 were my best phones and I notice a lag here and there. Especially when it gets hot. And it doesn't take long to get hot either.

kimbiles

Aug 19, 2016
Visit site
I took the plunge and returned my faulty Note 7 and got a S7E. I'm happy that I did. No SPen as you know, but I didn't care about that anyway. Phone is smaller and does cost less so I got money back :). No regrets here. My Verizon rep didn't ask for anything that came with the Note 7, so they didn't get anything back but the phone and the box. Charger is not usb-c like with note though.

TabGuy

Jul 3, 2011
Visit site
Ok, OP here. I replaced the N7 with the S7E. I like it a lot.

However, there's one annoying item that drives me crazy. When I launch an item where I have to choose which app to use (such as a URL) it doesn't give me the option of "Just Once" and which app I choose becomes the permanent default. This was the out of the box behavior for the N7 but there was a setting to change it to let me choose every time. Am I missing something or do I need an app for this?

Shawn0813

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site
I am on the fence about buying the galaxy s7 edge after returning my note 7. It seems to be the closest to the note and with the promotions that are running it may not be a bad choice.

shaleem

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I exchanged my Note 7 today at AT&T for the S7E. So far, it appears to be a great phone. I'll know more after a few days I suppose, but right now, other than me missing the S-pen, everything seems to be great.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Ok, OP here. I replaced the N7 with the S7E. I like it a lot.

However, there's one annoying item that drives me crazy. When I launch an item where I have to choose which app to use (such as a URL) it doesn't give me the option of "Just Once" and which app I choose becomes the permanent default. This was the out of the box behavior for the N7 but there was a setting to change it to let me choose every time. Am I missing something or do I need an app for this?

Settings - Applications - Default Applications - Default App Selection.

The setting has only appeared very recently on the S7E, so if you don't have it yet you can expect it in an update soon.

2j2u55h.png

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
I didn't even see this thread before starting my own. After reading, I think I'm just gonna go buy an unlocked s7 edge from best buy. Really really wanted the Note 7, but damn Samsung just had to drop that ball.

DX9

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
I didn't even see this thread before starting my own. After reading, I think I'm just gonna go buy an unlocked s7 edge from best buy. Really really wanted the Note 7, but damn Samsung just had to drop that ball.
Yeah I'm very happy with it. Seems even faster than the Note 7. Don't know if it's due to the 8890 CPU instead of the Snapdragon 820. Getting very good battery life on my first charge as well. Same camera and all. It's just no spen, Iris scanner which I hardly used and the Settings Inteface is different. Thing has been a beast all day today

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2