Recent software update side effects

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site
Hi guys,

Woke up this morning (uk) to an update from Samsung. Set it running. When done, went out and took some pictures and a video. When looking at them later, I noticed they were washed out and not at all the quality I'd usually expect. I thought maybe I was just shooting towards the sun with a dirty lens or something.

Now tho, I've noticed that the camera viewer has a strange lens flare/reflection image ghosting of the bright areas in view that gets captured. (I'll try and upload a video)

If this was caused by the update, I'd hope it's only a matter of time until it's fixed, just wondering if others have been affected or know more.

akin_t

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
Well, lens flare is just physics. Unless the update changed the lenses of your camera (it didn't). It's not the update.

Apr 28, 2015
Visit site

It's not a lens flare, it just behaves like one.
Its only noticeable when pointing at something bright and it creates a smaller ghosting image across the screen.
Definitely never seen anything like that before.

lammy8

Trusted Member
Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
https://youtu.be/h4ZNIunb4go

It's not a lens flare, it just behaves like one.
Its only noticeable when pointing at something bright and it creates a smaller ghosting image across the screen.
Definitely never seen anything like that before.

It's lens flare, don't worry about it. Mine does it as well and did it before the update. Notice the shape of my bulb and shade to the bottom left of the bulb and shade themselves.

Attachments

• 146186.jpg
    146186.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 21

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463