S7 edge battery draining fast

ramonq619

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Re: S7 edge android system battery drain

Do you have the oculus app. I deleted the app from my phone and its no longer hot or seems to be losing battery

Jcprints

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

Yep exactly the same issue here after an oculus update yesterday. Removed oculus and bingo my phone has cooled down and battery has stopped draining. How do we report this problem?

Jcprints

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

Do you have the oculus background services installed? Even after removing the app they remained and I had to remove them all before the issue went

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

This android system battery drain has been going on for quite a long time now without oculus

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

Try Package Disabler Pro. It will freeze all your bloatware. It works great and no rooting is needed. I think it costs $ 1.49

PecanPie117

Sep 30, 2016
Visit site

Hello all

New to the forum. I have had this issue myself and I have read on plenty of android sites that in the last few days a lot of s7 users are having major battery issues.

I found the cause to be the "oculus and Samsung VR" apps, once removed my phone stopped overheating and battery returned to normal.

I also rebooted my phone, held power+home+volume up and noticed an update actually failed, and reinstalled the update.

KPMcClave

May 16, 2013
Visit site

Hello all

New to the forum. I have had this issue myself and I have read on plenty of android sites that in the last few days a lot of s7 users are having major battery issues.

I found the cause to be the "oculus and Samsung VR" apps, once removed my phone stopped overheating and battery returned to normal.

I also rebooted my phone, held power+home+volume up and noticed an update actually failed, and reinstalled the update.

That "update failed" screen shows everytime I try to access the recovery menu. It seems to be bogus and recovery eventually appears.

ScottsoNJ

Jan 29, 2012
Visit site

How do you use the package disabler and what do you have to disable to get better battery life

Well it disables all your bloatware so its not running in the background
I guess its sort of like Greenafy.

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site

Is package disabler pro and greenify the same and which is better to get good battery life?

Leykis

Jun 19, 2015
Visit site

Started having battery issues on Wednesday morning. When I left the house my phone was at 100% and when I used the phone on break 2 hrs later it was at 15% and hot. All of that and the screen was never on. Even connecting it to a charger the phone would continue to drain while on. I had to power it down for it to charge. Deleted all the Oculus VR apps and it seems to have fixed the issue. I'm guessing a new update did something because I've had the Oculus apps on my phone for several months now and never had an issue with battery drain.

mundo472

Trusted Member
Nov 2, 2013
Visit site

Deleted gear Vr and it got a little better, but Android system and OS still double each, what the screen is using. Also I keep getting the "not connected to network" message sporadically so there is CLEARLY a problem with the radio file. C'mon Google...did BlackBerry and Verizon suddenly take over your software division? (Sorry..reminds me if the random reset debacle if the Verizon Z10)

hishaq96

May 27, 2016
Visit site
Battery life after using package disabler pro

Hello I just wanted to know by using the package disabler app does it improve battery life and the android system drain.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: Battery life after using package disabler pro

Can you show us some screenshots of your battery drain? Did this recently start?

ecfritts

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Re: Battery life after using package disabler pro

I have it installed on my S7E. I tried to disable bloat on my phone but had no idea what most of the things were and if I should disable them (or if it would cripple my phone if I did). I read a thread on here saying it was a good app and would help, so I bought the app. Not sure if improves my battery life but I'm sure it can't hurt.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae