HELP! Can't decide! N7 or S7E!

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
So as a replacement for my Note 7, I now have the S7 Edge. And I really love it. But I loved my Note 7 too! I've had notes since the Note 2. So I said many times I could never go back to a regular phone. However, the S7E is pretty awesome, and now I'm all undecided! I see some people have decided to stay. Anyone have advice for what I should do????? Help!

keepnitreel

Jan 23, 2011
Visit site
You're not a real Note feature user, if you can't decide.... Go for the S7edge, great phone also.. For me, as a heavy S-Pen user, it's a no brainer that I'm going back to my N7...

Karen Hildebrand

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site
Loved my note7 too, first one I've had. I'm staying with this s7e it's snappy fast and just feels good. I won't miss the spen since I really never used one (that's what I based my decision on) I probably will trade to a note on the next model. I just don't want to fight the mobs of people returning and argue with the sales reps and maybe get a phone that lags. No brainer for me

Roman Akert

Jun 25, 2016
Visit site
Stay with the Edge for 2 or three months. You can't even buy the Note yet!

By then samsung might have sorted out the lagging issues and whatever else might not work. The phone will also be cheaper then.

Never adopt first. You should have learned that by now 😆

jettie1767

Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
I was actually on the same boat until I returned my Note 7 last Friday and went with an S7E. The Verizon store told me to come back and exchange it for a Note 7 when it becomes available again. But, ever since I got the S7E, I was sold on it. I never used the s-pen on the N7 so that didn't matter to me. Now, I've decided to just keep the S7E.

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm definitely leaning toward keeping it. The only thing I really used the spen for was to write notes and lists. Well I saw someone on here say they downloaded SNotes from the Play Store, and they went and bought a stylus. So I did that today. Now I have my notes back!! I really love this phone, so I think I'm going to end up staying with it. We'll see what happens when I'm faced with the new Note 7's being out!

Tabbiel1989

May 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm definitely leaning toward keeping it. The only thing I really used the spen for was to write notes and lists. Well I saw someone on here say they downloaded SNotes from the Play Store, and they went and bought a stylus. So I did that today. Now I have my notes back!! I really love this phone, so I think I'm going to end up staying with it. We'll see what happens when I'm faced with the new Note 7's being out!

I'm curious where can we buy a good stylus from that would work with this phone?

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
Just found the stylus on eBay that has a thinner tip. So I ordered them. Hopefully they'll work better for what I want.

boltsbearsjosh

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
I don't think basing it just on the S-Pen is fair. The Note 7 has quite a lot more going for it than just the pen. The Grace UX is a major difference and imo is a much, much smoother OS than Touchwiz. The Iris Scanner is a game changer and works very well. The Note 7 is a lot easier to hold naked than the S7 Edge.

The S7 Edge is a GREAT phone, no doubt about it, but I'd have to give the edge (no pun intended) to the Note 7.

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I had both. Note 7 was the better device in my opinion. Once they are available again I may get one. For now I'm using my S7 Edge which I don't much care for after using the note for a few weeks. My Note 7 also got better battery life. Again this is my personal opinion and experience.

jianrong

Nov 5, 2014
Visit site
Used to be Note 2 Note 4. Never touch stylus much..... im glad i found s7edge. At least i dont have to feel pity that i dont utilise spen.

naturalguy

Jul 23, 2015
Visit site
Easy choice, if you use the Spen then go with the Note 7. There are very little differences between the 2 phones other then that and in some cases you can say that the S7 Edge is superior as a lot of people were complaining about lag on the Note 7.

I love the S7 Edge but I also like the spen and was going to go with the Note 7 but after all the issues I think I am going to hold off for the S8 or Note 8

Gray Area

Dec 5, 2012
Visit site
So as a replacement for my Note 7, I now have the S7 Edge. And I really love it. But I loved my Note 7 too! I've had notes since the Note 2. So I said many times I could never go back to a regular phone. However, the S7E is pretty awesome, and now I'm all undecided! I see some people have decided to stay. Anyone have advice for what I should do????? Help!

For me I've thought of it like this. My note 7 was stuttery out the gate but settled by week 2 and ran smooth from that point. However, the s7 edge has ran smoothly from day 1 and even a bit quicker. As I said before on other threads, it may be due to the Note 7 having several extra software features but still using the same hardware as the s7/ s7 edge. Nevertheless they both run great and that was just my experience with my two units. Also, some like Grace ui, I personally didn't, while it's more elegant, I found myself annoyed with how it handled quick settings and folders. It seemed counter intuitive having to swipe right to left once inside a folder since I'm use to swiping up and down. And quick settings menu seemed slower and functionality wasn't as easy as it's handled on the s7 edge IMO. I fear Samsung will bring grace ui to the nougat update this fall though.

Even though the note fits great in hand, I like the form and fit of the s7 edge just a smidgen better. I usually get notes with slim cases but with Samsung doing a great job packing a 5.5 inch screen into such a small body with the s7 edge I got a mophie 3400mah battery pack case and it fits in hand wonderfully despite the added heft and weight. Which also leads me to this, the s7 edge battery has been better then my note 7 (not counting the mophie case), only by maybe 20 min sot but hey it is what it is.

Also, the s7 edge screens gentler sloping edges makes edge swiping easier and more satisfying (especially with a case on), and by the way in this black color the phone looks great.

With all that said, I do miss that coral blue color on the note 7, iris scanner, day and night blue light filter, notifications on aod, and spen functions. However, is it worth paying restocking fees, taxes, activation fees, spending 6+ hrs setting up a new phone to my liking for the 4th time since August 19 (exactly 1 month to the day)? I'm not really sure.

JDfan3340

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
For me I've thought of it like this. My note 7 was stuttery out the gate but settled by week 2 and ran smooth from that point. However, the s7 edge has ran smoothly from day 1 and even a bit quicker. As I said before on other threads, it may be due to the Note 7 having several extra software features but still using the same hardware as the s7/ s7 edge. Nevertheless they both run great and that was just my experience with my two units. Also, some like Grace ui, I personally didn't, while it's more elegant, I found myself annoyed with how it handled quick settings and folders. It seemed counter intuitive having to swipe right to left once inside a folder since I'm use to swiping up and down. And quick settings menu seemed slower and functionality wasn't as easy as it's handled on the s7 edge IMO. I fear Samsung will bring grace ui to the nougat update this fall though.

Even though the note fits great in hand, I like the form and fit of the s7 edge just a smidgen better. I usually get notes with slim cases but with Samsung doing a great job packing a 5.5 inch screen into such a small body with the s7 edge I got a mophie 3400mah battery pack case and it fits in hand wonderfully despite the added heft and weight. Which also leads me to this, the s7 edge battery has been better then my note 7 (not counting the mophie case), only by maybe 20 min sot but hey it is what it is.

Also, the s7 edge screens gentler sloping edges makes edge swiping easier and more satisfying (especially with a case on), and by the way in this black color the phone looks great.

With all that said, I do miss that coral blue color on the note 7, iris scanner, day and night blue light filter, notifications on aod, and spen functions. However, is it worth paying restocking fees, taxes, activation fees, spending 6+ hrs setting up a new phone to my liking for the 4th time since August 19 (exactly 1 month to the day)? I'm not really sure.

Yes. I've decided to stay with the S7E. Can't believe I'm leaving the Note line, but I absolutely love this phone. And I SO agree about the edges. I like the edges on the S7E way better. I found myself getting annoyed with the edges on the N7.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aaahza