Hey everybody,

I just experienced the paint peel issue on my phone today but it was not just a small spot. Let me tell you what happened, I had a zagg hd dry installed on my phone since I got it in April and had problems with it coming up so I got a warranty replacement. Today I decided since a received my new case from shieldon to finally put the new zagg on and that's when I had my home button paint almost completely removed from the adhesive on the zagg. It's hard to explain but the zagg has a top sheet to help line it up on the phone and there was some adhesive on that sheet that stuck on the home button and when I took that off almost all of the silver paint was removed along with it. Just a heads up if you use the zagg hd dry that it could possibly happen.Paint on home button removed.-img_0039.jpgPaint on home button removed.-img_0040.jpg
    09-16-2016 07:58 PM
    Oh dear that's not good as I am thinking of getting this phone and in silver but that sort of thing just shouldn't happen so easily on a premium priced phone that has thrown me a bit now!
    09-17-2016 04:30 AM
    I have just googled this and it seems like it's a common problem I just can't believe that Samsung would just put paint on a home button that will be used constantly!

It would drive me mad on a phone at that price and that will most likely put me off buying the silver Edge that I was planning to buy over the weekend
    09-17-2016 08:15 AM
    Does it still work ?
    11-10-2016 10:58 PM
    Hey everybody,

I just experienced the paint peel issue on my phone today but it was not just a small spot. Let me tell you what happened, I had a zagg hd dry installed on my phone since I got it in April and had problems with it coming up so I got a warranty replacement. Today I decided since a received my new case from shieldon to finally put the new zagg on and that's when I had my home button paint almost completely removed from the adhesive on the zagg. It's hard to explain but the zagg has a top sheet to help line it up on the phone and there was some adhesive on that sheet that stuck on the home button and when I took that off almost all of the silver paint was removed along with it. Just a heads up if you use the zagg hd dry that it could possibly happen.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0039.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	537.4 KB 
ID:	239693Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0040.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	580.8 KB 
ID:	239694
    11-10-2016 10:58 PM
    That would bother me so bad I would probably put the the phone in a drawer until I could have the button/screen replaced. Apple uses sapphire on their home buttons. Why can't Samsung?
    Shamshi-Adad likes this.
    11-11-2016 10:54 AM