Trying to choose between getting the VR vs SD card. Does anybody knows what are the bonus contents they provide in the Gear VR ?
    09-18-2016 04:07 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "bonus content", but I can tell you the VR is gimmicky.
    Cool as hell for a couple of weeks then you'll set it down and never touch it again. Granted, my gaming experience would probably be better with a blue tooth game pad, but it still can't compete with my PC...and what is there after that?

At least with a 128g SD Card you can forget about storage issues....
    09-19-2016 04:33 PM
    Not sure what you mean by "bonus content", but I can tell you the VR is gimmicky.
    Cool as hell for a couple of weeks then you'll set it down and never touch it again. Granted, my gaming experience would probably be better with a blue tooth game pad, but it still can't compete with my PC...and what is there after that?

This is an Extremely subjective judgment. Plenty of people use their VR all the time. It's a great device with content always being added. I don't find it to be gimmicky at all.
    09-19-2016 04:54 PM
    This is an Extremely subjective judgment. Plenty of people use their VR all the time. It's a great device with content always being added. I don't find it to be gimmicky at all.
    Of course my opinion is subjective, but you didn't really refute my statement either. If your main use, after gaming, is searching through new content, then what happens in a couple of years when the amount of new content starts to wane? You've got a paperweight with some mild entertainment value that will almost certainly be phased out before SD Card technology.

I like my VR, but it's like the last Star Wars movie...I expected more.
    09-19-2016 05:39 PM

That was my experience when I bought the first Gear VR last December. I finally gave it away.
    tracypagedotnet likes this.
    09-19-2016 05:39 PM

They are giving away games and apps for free with the VR as nonus content. I wanted to know what those games are.

Thanks for your suggestion though.
    09-20-2016 12:06 AM
    Has anyone figured out what the bonus content is? I received my Gear VR, logged in to Oculus as directed and I don't see the bonus apps.
    10-10-2016 08:17 AM
    Has anyone figured out what the bonus content is? I received my Gear VR, logged in to Oculus as directed and I don't see the bonus apps.
    Please, don't touch anything
    End space
    Goosebumps night of scares
    Esper 2
    Annie amber
    Ocean rift
    These are the the games I got I just got mine today. Mine weren't there when I first got my vr last week. I contacted oculus and they asked for some info and a few days later they emailed me back and they were there under not installed. I hope this helps.
    10-28-2016 08:02 PM