Anyone use 2 devices ?

manni1to

May 13, 2013
Visit site
I was just curious if anyone is in the same boat as me. I always want the latest and greatest phone and can never decide between android and ios.

I'm currently using a black s7 edge and a new black iPhone 7 (returning it for the plus though).

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
@manni1to: Is common practice nowadays that Specially North-American

users got 2-3 devices. If one get bugged you've a spare-1 is expensive

like to have 2women-Hehe! : Personally I can't afford it and I think

lot users Worldwide buy 2nd hand phones..Let's donate ours-Bye

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Until the Networks allow a mobile number to be allowed on more than one SIM card for consumer contracts I'll stick to one phone.
I own a dual SIM S7 Edge so no issues there for me.

I used to have two devices, one for my personal number and the other for the work issues number, but both were Samsung Galaxies. As I upgrade, the older phone becomes the work phone. That stopped with the dual SIM S7 Edge though.

bandofbrothers2112

Trusted Member
May 30, 2016
Visit site
I own a dual SIM S7 Edge so no issues there for me.

I used to have two devices, one for my personal number and the other for the work issues number, but both were Samsung Galaxies. As I upgrade, the older phone becomes the work phone. That stopped with the dual SIM S7 Edge though.

Nice. :)

I do not think that model of dual sim is available in the U.K.

Well not al least in the Samsung Experience Store I visited to buy my s7 edge.

The second sim slot. Does that just allow data use at 3G level or does it allow more ?

david2hearts

Oct 24, 2015
Visit site
I use both android and iPhone. I love both for different reasons, I am trying to stick to one but dam.....I keep buying both. First world problems......

chanchan05

Q&A Team
Nov 22, 2014
Visit site
Nice. :)

I do not think that model of dual sim is available in the U.K.

Well not al least in the Samsung Experience Store I visited to buy my s7 edge.

The second sim slot. Does that just allow data use at 3G level or does it allow more ?

My phone is carrier locked, so only SIM 1 can use data (4G/LTE). I use a different carrier on SIM2. However there is in the settings options to set SIM2 for data. However, since that option is greyed out, I can't check if SIM2 can use 4G.

pjwk81

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
I used to use separate phones for work and personal as I get a new phone each year from work. But they're always a generation behind so I just use my work number as my personal also now and have a separate ringtone for work contacts so I know not to even look at the phone at the weekend.

anon(5719825)

Retired Moderator
Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I have six devices on my T-Mobile 6 line plan.

2 S7 Edge
iPhone 6S
iPhone 6S+
iPhone 6
Note 5
Note Edge

Only one is my main number that I give out and the others, I just use more for the data plans then anything else. I'm just not ready to narrow it down to 1-2 phones. I usually bring the 6S+ (main phone) and either the Note 5 and one of the S7 Edge phones with me every day. I also use a prepaid T-Mobile $30 100 minute plan on the 7th phone occasionally.

aximtreo

Nov 12, 2009
Visit site
I have the MS Lumia 950 XL and the Note 5. Both use a Nano SIM and I constantly switch from one to another. I love the WP and use it mostly but I switch to the Note 5 when there is an app is needed and not available on WP.

I purchased both used and have about $450 US invested in both. Gives me the best of both worlds for less than the latest and greatest. Sorry, I failed to mention that I don't consider iPhone to be part of my phone world. LOL

wirelessgal

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I have 2 lines. I use my S7E on my main line and the Note 5 on my second line. I always get a new Samsung phone every year. But, I want to get the iPhone 7 Plus as my multimedia device but can't find one anywhere. :(

tinybfk

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
I have 2 main lines. I had a note 7 on one but returned it and am waiting to receive my new black 128gb iPhone 7 plus on Thursday. Then I'll have one of each again like I did before the note.

anon(41073)

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
I am currently using an iPhone 5s and a Galaxy S7E. Traded in an iPhone 6 for the edge. It always baffles me of the idiots that argue back and forth which one is better. Normally I would have ordered an iPhone 7 by now. After over a decade of smartphones they just don't do it for me anymore. Might even be done with "premium" phones for now. Maybe Motorola or OnePlus in the future. Paying $800 for a phone nowadays just seems stupid not that the tech has matured.

Sam_Gs7

May 27, 2016
Visit site
:cool: With the permission of the OP=manni1to..I think we going Nowhere by posting
the number of Phones we own. How about if the Next posters, beside report
their devices--Address the importance of have more than-1 device too

There was a member, who mentioned the Convenience of our Carriers of let us
Use the same Ph# in a 2nd device. Other members can refine my idea

Don't forget Apple +samSung and Phone Carriers monitors these forums and
used our opinions on their Marketing projects. What doYou think-Androids

Note: I'm not excluding other Phone brands, but make No mistakes
Apple and Samsung: Have the major percentage of users Worldwide

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member